Assessment of renewables for energy security and carbon mitigation in Southeast Asia: The case of Indonesia and Thailand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huber, Matthias & Roger, Albert & Hamacher, Thomas, 2015. "Optimizing long-term investments for a sustainable development of the ASEAN power system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 180-193.
- Yi-Ming Wei & Gang Wu & Ying Fan & Lan-Cui Liu, 2006. "Progress in energy complex system modelling and analysis," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 25(1/2), pages 109-128.
- Ruamsuke, Kawin & Dhakal, Shobhakar & Marpaung, Charles O.P., 2015. "Energy and economic impacts of the global climate change policy on Southeast Asian countries: A general equilibrium analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 446-461.
- Lidula, N.W.A. & Mithulananthan, N. & Ongsakul, W. & Widjaya, C. & Henson, R., 2007. "ASEAN towards clean and sustainable energy: Potentials, utilization and barriers," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1441-1452.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Malla, Sunil & Liyanage, Migara H., 2007. "Scenario-based analyses of energy system development and its environmental implications in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3179-3193, June.
- Mujiyanto, Sugeng & Tiess, Günter, 2013. "Secure energy supply in 2025: Indonesia's need for an energy policy strategy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 31-41.
- Song, Ho-Jun & Lee, Seungmoon & Maken, Sanjeev & Ahn, Se-Woong & Park, Jin-Won & Min, Byoungryul & Koh, Wongun, 2007. "Environmental and economic assessment of the chemical absorption process in Korea using the LEAP model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5109-5116, October.
- Takase, Kae & Suzuki, Tatsujiro, 2011. "The Japanese energy sector: Current situation, and future paths," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 6731-6744.
- Kim, Hoseok & Shin, Eui-soon & Chung, Woo-jin, 2011. "Energy demand and supply, energy policies, and energy security in the Republic of Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 6882-6897.
- Aguilera, Roberto F. & Ripple, Ronald D., 2013. "Modeling primary energy substitution in the Asia Pacific," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 219-224.
- Amirnekooei, K. & Ardehali, M.M. & Sadri, A., 2012. "Integrated resource planning for Iran: Development of reference energy system, forecast, and long-term energy-environment plan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 374-385.
- Bala, B.K., 1997. "Computer modelling of the rural energy system and of CO2 emissions for Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 999-1003.
- Kale, Rajesh V. & Pohekar, Sanjay D., 2014. "Electricity demand and supply scenarios for Maharashtra (India) for 2030: An application of long range energy alternatives planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1-13.
- McPherson, Madeleine & Karney, Bryan, 2014. "Long-term scenario alternatives and their implications: LEAP model application of Panama׳s electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 146-157.
- Shin, Ho-Chul & Park, Jin-Won & Kim, Ho-Seok & Shin, Eui-Soon, 2005. "Environmental and economic assessment of landfill gas electricity generation in Korea using LEAP model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1261-1270, July.
- Welsch, Manuel & Deane, Paul & Howells, Mark & Ó Gallachóir, Brian & Rogan, Fionn & Bazilian, Morgan & Rogner, Hans-Holger, 2014. "Incorporating flexibility requirements into long-term energy system models – A case study on high levels of renewable electricity penetration in Ireland," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 600-615.
- Kumar, Amit & Bhattacharya, S.C & Pham, H.L, 2003. "Greenhouse gas mitigation potential of biomass energy technologies in Vietnam using the long range energy alternative planning system model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 627-654.
- Jupesta, Joni, 2012. "Modeling technological changes in the biofuel production system in Indonesia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 211-217.
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Srinivasachary, V, 1997. "Policies to reduce energy use and environmental emissions in the transport sector : A case of Delhi city," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(14-15), pages 1137-1150, December.
- Chang, Youngho & Li, Yanfei, 2015. "Renewable energy and policy options in an integrated ASEAN electricity market: Quantitative assessments and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 39-49.
- Thangavelu, Sundar Raj & Khambadkone, Ashwin M. & Karimi, Iftekhar A., 2015. "Long-term optimal energy mix planning towards high energy security and low GHG emission," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 959-969.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Shengwen & Chen, Jingtao & Sun, Peigui & Li, Yang & Yu, Peng & Chen, E., 2019. "Current and future hydropower development in Southeast Asia countries (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Myanmar)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 239-249.
- Zhou, Yuanchun & Ma, Mengdie & Gao, Peiqi & Xu, Qiming & Bi, Jun & Naren, Tuya, 2019. "Managing water resources from the energy - water nexus perspective under a changing climate: A case study of Jiangsu province, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 380-390.
- Apichonnabutr, W. & Tiwary, A., 2018. "Trade-offs between economic and environmental performance of an autonomous hybrid energy system using micro hydro," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 891-904.
- Handayani, Kamia & Krozer, Yoram & Filatova, Tatiana, 2019. "From fossil fuels to renewables: An analysis of long-term scenarios considering technological learning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 134-146.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jia, Zhijie, 2017. "The impact of Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) and the choice of coverage industry in ETS: A case study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 1512-1527.
- Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E., 2019. "Review of models for integrating renewable energy in the generation expansion planning," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1573-1587.
- Niamir, Leila & Filatova, Tatiana & Voinov, Alexey & Bressers, Hans, 2018. "Transition to low-carbon economy: Assessing cumulative impacts of individual behavioral changes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 325-345.
- Deendarlianto, & Widyaparaga, Adhika & Sopha, Bertha Maya & Budiman, Arief & Muthohar, Imam & Setiawan, Indra Chandra & Lindasista, Alia & Soemardjito, Joewono & Oka, Kazutaka, 2017. "Scenarios analysis of energy mix for road transportation sector in Indonesia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 13-23.
- Dominković, D.F. & Bačeković, I. & Ćosić, B. & Krajačić, G. & Pukšec, T. & Duić, N. & Markovska, N., 2016. "Zero carbon energy system of South East Europe in 2050," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1517-1528.
- Li, Wei & Jia, Zhijie, 2016. "The impact of emission trading scheme and the ratio of free quota: A dynamic recursive CGE model in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 1-14.
- Chen, Zi-yue & Nie, Pu-yan, 2016. "Effects of carbon tax on social welfare: A case study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1607-1615.
- Debin Fang & Shanshan Shi & Qian Yu, 2018. "Evaluation of Sustainable Energy Security and an Empirical Analysis of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Santika, Wayan G. & Anisuzzaman, M. & Simsek, Yeliz & Bahri, Parisa A. & Shafiullah, G.M. & Urmee, Tania, 2020. "Implications of the Sustainable Development Goals on national energy demand: The case of Indonesia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C).
- Tang, Bao-Jun & Wang, Xiang-Yu & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2019. "Quantities versus prices for best social welfare in carbon reduction: A literature review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 554-564.
- Jiang, Jingjing & Ye, Bin & Liu, Junguo, 2019. "Research on the peak of CO2 emissions in the developing world: Current progress and future prospect," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 186-203.
- Abdelrahman Azzuni & Christian Breyer, 2020. "Global Energy Security Index and Its Application on National Level," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-49, May.
- Lu, Hongfang & Xu, FengYing & Liu, Hongxiao & Wang, Jun & Campbell, Daniel E. & Ren, Hai, 2019. "Emergy-based analysis of the energy security of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 123-135.
- Chia-Nan Wang & Hector Tibo & Duy Hung Duong, 2020. "Renewable Energy Utilization Analysis of Highly and Newly Industrialized Countries Using an Undesirable Output Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-21, May.
- Jeslin Drusila Nesamalar, J. & Venkatesh, P. & Charles Raja, S., 2017. "The drive of renewable energy in Tamilnadu: Status, barriers and future prospect," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 115-124.
- Simsek, Yeliz & Sahin, Hasret & Lorca, Álvaro & Santika, Wayan G. & Urmee, Tania & Escobar, Rodrigo, 2020. "Comparison of energy scenario alternatives for Chile: Towards low-carbon energy transition by 2030," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C).
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2018. "State-of-the-art generation expansion planning: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 563-589.
- Warner, Kevin J. & Jones, Glenn A., 2017. "A population-induced renewable energy timeline in nine world regions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 65-76.
- Sungheum Cho & Hana Kim & Sanghoon Lee & Sangil Kim & Eui-Chan Jeon, 2020. "Optimal energy mix for greenhouse gas reduction with renewable energy â€“ The case of the South Korean electricity sector," Energy & Environment, , vol. 31(6), pages 1055-1076, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy; Southeast Asia; LEAP model; CO2 emission; Production costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:163:y:2016:i:c:p:63-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.