Money, politics, and the regulation of public accounting services: Evidence from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberts, Robin W. & Kurtenbach, James M., 1998. "State regulation and professional accounting educational reforms: An empirical test of regulatory capture theory," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 209-226.
- William Greene, 1998.
"Marginal Effects in the Censored Regression Model,"
98-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., .
"The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1980. "The Lagrange Multiplier Test and Its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 239-53, January.
- Donabedian, Bairj, 1991. "The economic rationales of CPA licensing," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 85-103.
- Milyo Jeffrey & Primo David & Groseclose Timothy, 2000. "Corporate PAC Campaign Contributions in Perspective," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Chappell, Henry W, Jr, 1982. "Campaign Contributions and Congressional Voting: A Simultaneous Probit-Tobit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 77-83, February.
- Tripathi Micky & Ansolabehere Stephen & Jr James M. Snyder, 2002. "Are PAC Contributions and Lobbying Linked? New Evidence from the 1995 Lobby Disclosure Act," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-26, August.
- Roberts, Robin W. & Dwyer, Peggy D. & Sweeney, John T., 2003. "Political strategies used by the US public accounting profession during auditor liability reform: The case of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 433-457.
- Roberts, Robin W. & Bobek, Donna D., 2004. "The politics of tax accounting in the United States: evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(5-6), pages 565-590.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-21, May.
- Figueiredo John M. de, 2002. "Lobbying and Information in Politics," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-6, August.
- Milyo Jeffrey, 2002. "Bribes and Fruit Baskets: What Does the Link Between PAC Contributions and Lobbying Mean?," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-4, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:33:y:2008:i:2-3:p:229-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.