Managing the grazing landscape: Insights for agricultural adaptation from a mid-drought photo-elicitation study in the Australian sheep-wheat belt
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Müller, Birgit & Quaas, Martin F. & Frank, Karin & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2011.
"Pitfalls and potential of institutional change: Rain-index insurance and the sustainability of rangeland management,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2137-2144, September.
- Birgit Müller & Martin Quaas & Karin Frank & Stefan Baumgärtner, 2009. "Pitfalls and potential of institutional change: Rain-index insurance and the sustainability of rangeland management," Working Paper Series in Economics 149, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Barry Smit & Mark Skinner, 2002. "Adaptation options in agriculture to climate change: a typology," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 85-114, March.
- Castleden, Heather & Garvin, Theresa & First Nation, Huu-ay-aht, 2008. "Modifying Photovoice for community-based participatory Indigenous research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1393-1405.
- Alfaro-Arguello, Rigoberto & Diemont, Stewart A.W. & Ferguson, Bruce G. & Martin, Jay F. & Nahed-Toral, José & David Álvarez-Solís, J. & Ruíz, René Pinto, 2010. "Steps toward sustainable ranching: An emergy evaluation of conventional and holistic management in Chiapas, Mexico," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(9), pages 639-646, November.
- Ben Edwards & Matthew Gray & Boyd Hunter, 2009. "A Sunburnt Country: The Economic and Financial Impact of Drought on Rural and Regional Families in Australia in an Era of Climate Change," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 12(1), pages 108-131, March.
- Badini, Oumarou & Stockle, Claudio O. & Jones, Jim W. & Nelson, Roger & Kodio, Amadou & Keita, Moussa, 2007. "A simulation-based analysis of productivity and soil carbon in response to time-controlled rotational grazing in the West African Sahel region," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 87-96, April.
- Roger Jones & Paul Dettmann & Geoff Park & Maureen Rogers & Terry White, 2007. "The relationship between adaptation and mitigation in managing climate change risks: a regional response from North Central Victoria, Australia," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 685-712, June.
- Thompson, David & Powell, Roy, 1998. "Exceptional circumstances provisions in Australia--is there too much emphasis on drought?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 469-488, July.
- Stéphane McLachlan & Melisa Yestrau, 2009. "From the ground up: holistic management and grassroots rural adaptation to bovine spongiform encephalopathy across western Canada," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 299-316, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Briske, David D. & Ash, Andrew J. & Derner, Justin D. & Huntsinger, Lynn, 2014. "Commentary: A critical assessment of the policy endorsement for holistic management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 50-53.
More about this item
KeywordsBiodiversity; Heterogeneity; Holistic management; Ranchers; Rotational grazing; Perceptions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:106:y:2012:i:1:p:72-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .