Impacts of Oil Price Shock on Sector Returns with Regime-Switching Approach: New Evidence from Indonesian Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Broadstock, David C. & Filis, George, 2014. "Oil price shocks and stock market returns: New evidence from the United States and China," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 417-433.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Mr. Marcos R Souto & Sergei Antoshin & Mr. Andrew Berg, 2008. "Testing for Structural Breaks in Small Samples," IMF Working Papers 2008/075, International Monetary Fund.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2005. "Oil Price Shocks and the Swiss Economy: A Causal Investigation," Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 60(02), pages 151-168, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ronald A. Ratti & M. Zahid Hasan, 2013. "Oil Price Shocks and Volatility in Australian Stock Returns," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89, pages 67-83, June.
- John H. Cochrane, 1999. "New facts in finance," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 23(Q III), pages 36-58.
- Berg, Andrew & Ostry, Jonathan D. & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2012. "What makes growth sustained?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 149-166.
- Wong, Jin Boon & Hasan, Mostafa Monzur, 2021. "Oil shocks and corporate payouts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Bouri, Elie & Awartani, Basel & Maghyereh, Aktham, 2016. "Crude oil prices and sectoral stock returns in Jordan around the Arab uprisings of 2010," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 205-214.
- Rossi, Barbara, 2013. "Advances in Forecasting under Instability," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1203-1324, Elsevier.
- Hartmann, Daniel & Kempa, Bernd & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2008.
"Economic and financial crises and the predictability of U.S. stock returns,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 468-480, June.
- Hartmann, Daniel & Kempa, Bernd & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2006. "Economic and Financial Crises and the Predictability of U.S. Stock Returns," MPRA Paper 561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Zeng, Jhih-Hong, 2011. "The impact of oil price shocks on stock market activities: Asymmetric effect with quantile regression," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(9), pages 1910-1920.
- Bondia, Ripsy & Ghosh, Sajal & Kanjilal, Kakali, 2016. "International crude oil prices and the stock prices of clean energy and technology companies: Evidence from non-linear cointegration tests with unknown structural breaks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 558-565.
- Makarov, Igor & Papanikolaou, D., 2008. "Sources of systematic risk," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 53906, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:15:y:2009:i:1:p:30-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ryan Compton & Syeed Khan, 2010. "An examination of the stability of short-run Canadian stock predictability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1293-1306.
- Hongfei Tang & Kangzhen Xie & Xiaoqing Eleanor Xu, 2022. "Real estate as a new equity market sector: Market responses and return comovement," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 50(2), pages 431-467, June.
- Chou, Kuo-Wei & Tseng, Yi-Heng, 2016. "Oil prices, exchange rate, and the price asymmetry in the Taiwanese retail gasoline market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 733-741.
- Gatfaoui, Hayette, 2016.
"Linking the gas and oil markets with the stock market: Investigating the U.S. relationship,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 5-16.
- Hayette Gatfaoui, 2016. "Linking the gas and oil markets with the stock market: Investigating the U.S. relationship," Post-Print hal-01562989, HAL.
- Mr. Chris Papageorgiou & Ms. Catherine A Pattillo & Mr. Nikola Spatafora & Mr. Andrew Berg, 2010.
"The End of An Era? the Medium- and Long-Term Effects of the Global Crisison Growth in Low-Income Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
2010/205, International Monetary Fund.
- Berg, Andrew & Papageorgiou, Chris & Pattillo, Catherine & Spatafora, Nicola, 2011. "The end of an era? The medium- and long-term effects of the global crisis on growth in low-income countries," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 25, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Ruqayya Aljifri, 2020. "The Macroeconomy, Oil and the Stock Market: A Multiple Equation Time Series Analysis of Saudi Arabia," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2020-27, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Zhu, Huiming & Huang, Hui & Peng, Cheng & Yang, Yan, 2016. "Extreme dependence between crude oil and stock markets in Asia-Pacific regions: Evidence from quantile regression," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Belke, Angar & Gros, Daniel & Osowski, Thomas, 2017. "The effectiveness of the Fed’s quantitative easing policy: New evidence based on international interest rate differentials," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(PB), pages 335-349.
- Smimou, K. & Khallouli, W., 2015. "Does the Euro affect the dynamic relation between stock market liquidity and the business cycle?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 125-153.
- Yang, Xiaohui & Chen, Wei, 2021. "The joint effects of macroeconomic uncertainty and cyclicality on management and analyst earnings forecasts," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
More about this item
Keywordsoil price shock; stock returns; vector autoregression;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ2:2017-05-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ilhan Ozturk (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.