Competition and Stability: An Analysis of the Turkish Banking System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Mishkin, Frederic, 1999.
"Financial consolidation: Dangers and opportunities,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 675-691, February.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1999. "Financial Consolidation: Dangers and Opportunities," NBER Working Papers 6655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004.
"What drives bank competition? Some international evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004. "What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck, 2007.
"Bank Concentration and Fragility. Impact and Mechanics,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 193-234
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2005. "Bank Concentration and Fragility: Impact and Mechanics," NBER Working Papers 11500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Abu M. Jalal & John H. Boyd, 2006. "Bank Risk-Taking and Competition Revisited; New Theory and New Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/297, International Monetary Fund.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicolã, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Ali Gunes & Osman Furkan Abbasoglu, 2007.
"Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period,"
2007/20, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Abbasoğlu, Osman Furkan & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Gunes, Ali, 2007. "Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period," MPRA Paper 5494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zuzana Fungácová & Laura Solanko & Laurent Weill, 2010.
"Market power in the russian banking industry,"
CEPII research center, issue 124, pages 127-146.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Solanko, Laura & Weill, Laurent, 2010. "Market power in the Russian banking industry," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Laura Solanko & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Market Power in the Russian Banking Industry," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2010-09, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Anzoategui Diego & Martinez Peria Maria S. & Rocha Roberto R, 2010.
"Bank Competition in the Middle East and Northern Africa Region,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 26-48, November.
- Anzoategui, Diego & Soledad Martinez Peria, Maria & Rocha,Roberto, 2010. "Bank competition in the Middle East and northern Africa region," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5363, The World Bank.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 2004. "Competition and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 453-480, June.
- repec:elg:eechap:16878_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe, 2009. "Are Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 711-734, June.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Jose A. Lopez & Jesús Saurina, 2007. "How does competition impact bank risk-taking?," Working Paper Series 2007-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Marcel Canoy & Machiel van Dijk & Jan Lemmen & Ruud de Mooij & Jürgen Weigand, 2001. "Competition and stability in banking," CPB Document 15, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Allen N. Berger & Leora F. Klapper & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2017.
"Bank competition and financial stability,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Competition in Banking and Finance, chapter 10, pages 185-204
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Competition in the Changing World of Banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 535-547.
- Javed Younas & Boaz Nandwa, 2010. "Financial openness and capital mobility: a dynamic panel analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 239-246.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haytem Ahmed Troug & Rashid Sbia, 2015.
"The Relationship between Banking Competition and Stability in Developing Countries: The Case of Libya,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 772-779.
- Troug, Haytem Ahmed & Sbia, Rashid, 2015. "The Relationship between Banking Competition and Stability in Developing Countries: The Case of Libya," MPRA Paper 64932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elona Dushku, 2016. "Bank Risk-Taking and Competition in the Albanian Banking Sector," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 14(2), pages 187-203.
- Mustafa Mete & Mehmet Akif Destek, 2016. "An Empirical Research on Fragile Eight Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 782-785.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; banking stability; financial system fragility;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2013-03-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.