Labor Market Frictions into Staggered Wage Contracts
This paper proposes a generalization of the Calvo wage-setting equation, which embeds labor market frictions in the form of a Nash wage bargain. Adding labor market frictions changes significantly the dynamics of the standard wage-setting equation, such that it may have non-trivial implications for the design of optimal monetary policy, and could improve the ability of a general equilibrium model to replicate important labor market stylized facts.
Volume (Year): 5 (2006)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng, 2002.
"Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 405-433, March.
- K. Huang & Z. Liu, . "Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence," Working Papers 2000-28, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Blanchard & Jordi Gali, 2007.
"A New Keynesian Model with Unemployment,"
Kiel Working Papers
1335, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Robert E. Hall, 2005.
"The Labor Market and Macro Volatility: A Nonstationary General-Equilibrium Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
11684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall, 2006. "The labor market and macro volatility: a nonstationary general-equilibrium analysis," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999.
"Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1999
1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rabanal, Pau & Rubio-Ramirez, Juan F., 2005. "Comparing New Keynesian models of the business cycle: A Bayesian approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1151-1166, September.
- Zanetti, Francesco, 2006. "Labor Market Frictions, Indeterminacy, and Interest Rate Rules," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 1959-1970, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-06e30028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.