The impact of citizenship on intermarriage: Quasi-experimental evidence from two European Union Eastern enlargements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus F. Zimmermann & Amelie F. Constant & Liliya Gataullina, 2009.
"Naturalization proclivities, ethnicity and integration,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(1/2), pages 70-82, March.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Gataullina, Liliya & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2007. "Naturalization Proclivities, Ethnicity and Integration," IZA Discussion Papers 3260, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Constant, Amelie & Gataullina, Liliya & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2008. "Naturalization Proclivities, Ethnicity and Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 6656, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Amelie Constant & Liliya Gataullina & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2008. "Naturalization Proclivities, Ethnicity and Integration," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 77, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Amelie Constant & Liliya Gataullina & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2007. "Naturalization Proclivities, Ethnicity and Integration," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 755, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Taber, 2011.
"Inference with "Difference in Differences" with a Small Number of Policy Changes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 113-125, February.
- Timothy Conley & Christopher Taber, 2005. "Inference with "Difference in Differences" with a Small Number of Policy Changes," NBER Technical Working Papers 0312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xin Meng & Robert G. Gregory, 2005. "Intermarriage and the Economic Assimilation of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 135-176, January.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Barry Chiswick & Christina Houseworth, 2011.
"Ethnic intermarriage among immigrants: human capital and assortative mating,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 149-180, June.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Houseworth, Christina A., 2008. "Ethnic Intermarriage among Immigrants: Human Capital and Assortative Mating," IZA Discussion Papers 3740, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Houseworth, Christina A., 2010. "Ethnic Intermarriage among Immigrants: Human Capital and Assortative Mating," SULCIS Working Papers 2010:8, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Christoph Sajons, 2016.
"Does granting citizenship to immigrant children affect family outmigration?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 395-420, April.
- Christoph Sajons, 2016. "Does granting citizenship to immigrant children affect family outmigration?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 395-420, April.
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni & Paolo Pinotti, 2015.
"Legal Status and the Criminal Activity of Immigrants,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 175-206, April.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni & Paolo Pinotti, 2012. "Legal status and the criminal activity of immigrants," Working Papers 052, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Vincent Corluy & Ive Marx & Gerlinde Verbist, 2011. "Employment chances and changes of immigrants in Belgium: the impact of citizenship," Working Papers 1107, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- David Lam, 1988. "Marriage Markets and Assortative Mating with Household Public Goods: Theoretical Results and Empirical Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(4), pages 462-487.
- Chunbei Wang & Le Wang, 2012. "The effects of 9/11 on intermarriage between natives and immigrants to the U.S," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-192, June.
- Amparo González-Ferrer & Tina Hannemann & Teresa Castro-Martín, 2016. "Partnership formation and dissolution among immigrants in the Spanish context," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(1), pages 1-30.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
- Denis Fougère & Mirna Safi, 2009.
"Naturalization and employment of immigrants in France (1968-1999),"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(1/2), pages 83-96, March.
- Fougère, Denis & Safi, Mirna, 2008. "Naturalization and Employment of Immigrants in France (1968-1999)," CEPR Discussion Papers 7092, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaul, Ashok & Klößner, Stefan & Pfeifer, Gregor & Schieler, Manuel, 2015. "Synthetic Control Methods: Never Use All Pre-Intervention Outcomes Together With Covariates," MPRA Paper 83790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivana Fellini & Raffaele Guetto, 2019. "Legal Status and Immigrantsâ€™ Labour Market Outcomes: Comparative Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment in Western and Southern Europe," Econometrics Working Papers Archive 2019_11, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Yang Hu, 2017. "Attitudes toward transnational intermarriage in China: Testing three theories of transnationalization," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 37(44), pages 1413-1444.
More about this item
Keywordsintermarriage; citizenship; immigration; assimilation; quasi-experiment; Italy; legal status;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:demres:v:36:y:2017:i:43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Office). General contact details of provider: https://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.