Extremum Estimation when the Predictors are Estimated from Large Panels
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Boivin, Jean, 2003. "Monetary policy in a data-rich environment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 525-546, April.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2002.
"Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 191-221, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1504, Econometric Society.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 440, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Amemiya, Yasuo, 1985. "Instrumental variable estimator for the nonlinear errors-in-variables model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 273-289, June.
- Bai, Jushan & Ng, Serena, 2006.
"Evaluating latent and observed factors in macroeconomics and finance,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 507-537.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2004. "Evaluating Latent and Observed Factors in Macroeconomics and Financ," Econometrics 0408007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stock J.H. & Watson M.W., 2002. "Forecasting Using Principal Components From a Large Number of Predictors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1167-1179, December.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Jushan Bai, 2003. "Inferential Theory for Factor Models of Large Dimensions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 135-171, January.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. "Generalized Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1269-1286, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka & Nedeljkovic, Milan & Sarno, Lucio, 2012.
"How the Subprime Crisis went global: Evidence from bank credit default swap spreads,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1299-1318.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2009. "How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads," NBER Working Papers 14904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2012. "How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads," Working papers 21, National Bank of Serbia.
- Bellégo, C. & Ferrara, L., 2012. "Macro-financial linkages and business cycles: A factor-augmented probit approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1793-1797.
- Gonzalo, Jesús & Dolado Lobregad, Juan José & Chen, Liang, 2017. "Quantile Factor Models," UC3M Working papers. Economics 25299, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Vicente Maldonado, Javier de & Ruiz Ortega, Esther & González-Rivera, Gloria, 2018. "Growth in Stress," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 26623, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Olfa Kaabia & Ilyes Abid, 2012. "Theoretical Channels of International,Transmission During the Subprime Crisis to OCDE Countries : A FAVAR Model Under Bayesian Framework," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-40, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Cipollini, A. & Kapetanios, G., 2009.
"Forecasting financial crises and contagion in Asia using dynamic factor analysis,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 188-200, March.
- Andrea Cipollini & George Kapetanios, 2005. "Forecasting Financial Crises and Contagion in Asia Using Dynamic Factor Analysis," Working Papers 538, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Andrea Cipollini & George Kapetanios, 2008. "Forecasting Financial Crises and Contagion in Asia using Dynamic Factor Analysis," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 014, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Andrea Cipollini & George Kapetanios, 2006. "Forecasting Financial Crises and Contagion in Asia using Dynamic Factor Analysis," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 477, Society for Computational Economics.
- Giglio, Stefano & Kelly, Bryan & Pruitt, Seth, 2016.
"Systemic risk and the macroeconomy: An empirical evaluation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 457-471.
- Stefano Giglio & Bryan T. Kelly & Seth Pruitt, 2015. "Systemic Risk and the Macroeconomy: An Empirical Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 20963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-Linear estimation; Large panels; Extremum estimators; Probit Analysis;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2008:v:9:i:2:p:201-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emcufcn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.