Les clusters vitivinicoles français à AOC. Une analyse en termes de biens clubs
The aim of the text is to analyze some problems of the French quality wine industry in terms of the theories of club goods and of clusters. We show that the French wine regions are clusters and that their competitive advantages come from a combination of market forms of coordination (the competition) and of non market forms of coordination (the cooperation). The main consequence of the cooperation is a specific club good, the « Appellation d?Origine Contrôlée ». These structural features give rise to two problems: opportunist behaviors that lower the quality of the wine and a too complex supply. These problems weaken the French wine industry on the international market, facing the « New world » producers. Finally, we suggest some propositions to improve the competitiveness of the French wine clusters. JEL classification : L14- L16- L22- R11- R13- R5.
Volume (Year): octobre (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2001.
"Une lecture hirschmaninne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(5), pages 743-762.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001. "Une lecture hirschmanienne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés," Post-Print hal-00671624, HAL.
- Ludovic Ragni, 1997. "Systèmes localisés de production : une analyse évolutionniste," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(1), pages 23-40.
- André Torre, 2002. "Les AOC sont-elles des clubs ? Réflexions sur les conditions de l'action collective localisée, entre coopération et règles formelles," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 100(1), pages 39-62.
- Kym Anderson & David Norman & Glyn Wittwer, 2003.
"Globalisation of the World's Wine Markets,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 659-687, 05.
- Pierre Perrin, 2001. "Un apport autrichien à la théorie du territoire," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(2), pages 229-248.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:rerarc:reru_054_0481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.