Mutual Recognition for Sale: International Bargaining over Product Standards
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dapeng Cai & Jie Li, 2014. "Protection versus Free Trade: Lobbying Competition between Domestic and Foreign Firms," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 489-505, October.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianluca Orefice & Nadia Rocha, 2014.
"Deep Integration and Production Networks: An Empirical Analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 106-136, January.
- Gianluca OREFICE & Nadia ROCHA, 2011. "Deep integration and production networks: an empirical analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2011-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Orefice, Gianluca & Rocha, Nadia, 2011. "Deep integration and production networks: An empirical analysis," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2011-11, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Maggie Xiaoyang Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008.
"Regionalism in standards: good or bad for trade?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 838-863, August.
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2004. "Regionalism in standards - good or bad for trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3458, The World Bank.
- Maggie X. Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008. "Regionalism in Standards: Good or Bad for Trade?," Working Papers 2009-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Stoyanov, Andrey, 2009. "Trade policy of a free trade agreement in the presence of foreign lobbying," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 37-49, February.
- Limão, Nuno & Tovar, Patricia, 2011.
"Policy choice: Theory and evidence from commitment via international trade agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 186-205.
- Limão, Nuno & Tovar, Patricia, 2009. "Policy Choice: Theory and Evidence from Commitment via International Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 7137, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nuno Limão & Patricia Tovar, 2009. "Policy Choice: Theory and Evidence from Commitment via International Trade Agreements," NBER Working Papers 14655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Sturm, 2006.
"Product standards, trade disputes, and protectionism,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(2), pages 564-581, May.
- Sturm, Daniel, 2001. "Product standards, trade disputes and protectionism," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20134, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daniel M. Sturm, 2001. "Product Standards, Trade Disputes and Protectionism," CEP Discussion Papers dp0486, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 1998.
"The Value of Trade Agreements in the Presence of Political Pressures,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 574-601, June.
- Maggi, G & Rodriguez-Clare, A, 1996. "The Value of Trade Agreements in the Presence of Political Pressures," Papers 180, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Togan, Sübidey, 2015. "Technical Barriers to Trade : The case of Turkey and the European Union," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 30, pages 121-148.
- Baccini, Leonardo & Urpelainen, Johannes, 2012. "Strategic side payments: preferential trading agreements, economic reform, and foreign aid," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45057, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacques Pelkmans, 2012. "Mutual Recognition: economic and regulatory logic in goods and services," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 24, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Konishi, Hideo & Saggi, Kamal & Weber, Shlomo, 1999. "Endogenous trade policy under foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 289-308, December.
- Huw Edwards & Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 2013.
"Regulatory Protection When Firms Decide First on Technical Collaboration and R&D,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 750-764, September.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & Huw Edwards, 2012. "Regulatory protection when firms decide first on technical collaboration and R&D," Working Papers 2012.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Jacques Pelkmans, 2012. "Mutual Recognition: Economic and Regulatory Logic in Goods and Services," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on the Economics of European Union Law, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct standards; mutual recognition; harmonization; international bargaining; lobbying; horizontal differentiation;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2017-01-15 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2017-01-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INT-2017-01-15 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2017_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okioudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.