Harmonization versus Mutual Recognition: Some pitfalls for the coordination of product standards under imperfect competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Benjamin Jung, 2011.
"Sorting It Out: Technical Barriers to Trade and Industry Productivity,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 93-117, February.
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr & Benjamin Jung, 2008. "Sorting It Out: Technical Barriers to Trade and Industry Productivity," FIW Working Paper series 014, FIW.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Jung, Benjamin, 2008. "Sorting it out: Technical barriers to trade and industry productivity," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 315, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Jung, Benjamin, 2011. "Sorting It Out: Technical Barriers to Trade and Industry Productivity," Munich Reprints in Economics 20575, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianluca Orefice & Nadia Rocha, 2014.
"Deep Integration and Production Networks: An Empirical Analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 106-136, January.
- Gianluca OREFICE & Nadia ROCHA, 2011. "Deep integration and production networks: an empirical analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2011-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Orefice, Gianluca & Rocha, Nadia, 2011. "Deep integration and production networks: An empirical analysis," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2011-11, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Maggie Xiaoyang Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008.
"Regionalism in standards: good or bad for trade?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 838-863, August.
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2004. "Regionalism in standards - good or bad for trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3458, The World Bank.
- Maggie X. Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008. "Regionalism in Standards: Good or Bad for Trade?," Working Papers 2009-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Limão, Nuno & Tovar, Patricia, 2011.
"Policy choice: Theory and evidence from commitment via international trade agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 186-205.
- Limão, Nuno & Tovar, Patricia, 2009. "Policy Choice: Theory and Evidence from Commitment via International Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 7137, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nuno Limão & Patricia Tovar, 2009. "Policy Choice: Theory and Evidence from Commitment via International Trade Agreements," NBER Working Papers 14655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maggie Xiaoyang Chen & John Wilson & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2008. "Standards and export decisions: Firm-level evidence from developing countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 501-523.
- Chen, Natalie, 2004.
"Intra-national versus international trade in the European Union: why do national borders matter?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 93-118, May.
- Chen, Natalie, 2002. "Intra-national versus International Trade in the European Union: Why do National Borders Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel Sturm, 2006.
"Product standards, trade disputes, and protectionism,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(2), pages 564-581, May.
- Sturm, Daniel, 2001. "Product standards, trade disputes and protectionism," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20134, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daniel M. Sturm, 2001. "Product Standards, Trade Disputes and Protectionism," CEP Discussion Papers dp0486, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Derek Bunn & Georg Zachmann, 2010. "Inefficient arbitrage in inter-regional electricity transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 243-265, June.
- Jacques Pelkmans, 2012. "Mutual Recognition: economic and regulatory logic in goods and services," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 24, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Huw Edwards & Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 2013.
"Regulatory Protection When Firms Decide First on Technical Collaboration and R&D,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 750-764, September.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & Huw Edwards, 2012. "Regulatory protection when firms decide first on technical collaboration and R&D," Working Papers 2012.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Jacques Pelkmans, 2012. "Mutual Recognition: Economic and Regulatory Logic in Goods and Services," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on the Economics of European Union Law, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsStandard regimes; harmonization; technical trade barriers; NTBs; Cournot competition; Bertrand competition;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2015-01-19 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2015-01-19 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INT-2015-01-19 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2014_023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okioudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.