Inefficient arbitrage in inter-regional electricity transmission
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Gilbert & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2002. "Allocating Transmission to Mitigate Market Power in Electricity Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0225, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Pignon, Virginie, 2005. "Nordic congestion's arrangement as a model for Europe? Physical constraints vs. economic incentives," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 153-162, June.
- Severin Borenstein & James. Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 2000.
"The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in A Deregulated Electricity Industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(2), pages 294-325, Summer.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 1997. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," NBER Working Papers 6293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Stoft, Steven, 2000. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13145, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Steven Stoft, 1999. "Financial Transmission Rights Meet Cournot: How TCCs Curb Market Power," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-23.
- Felix Hoeffler & Tobias Wittmann, 2006. "Netting of capacity in interconnector auctions," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2006_5, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Ehrenmann, Andreas & Smeers, Yves, 2005. "Inefficiencies in European congestion management proposals," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 135-152, June.
- Turvey, Ralph, 2006. "Interconnector economics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1457-1472, September.
- Georg Zachmann, 2005. "Convergence of Electricity Wholesale Prices in Europe?: A Kalman Filter Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 512, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Deane, John FitzGerald, Laura Malaguzzi Valeri, Aidan Tuohy and Darragh Walsh, 2015.
"Irish and British electricity prices: what recent history implies for future prices,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Deane, Paul & FitzGerald, John & Malaguzzi Valeri, Laura & Tuohy, Aidan & Walsh, Darragh, 2014. "Irish and British Electricity Prices: What Recent History Implies for Future Prices," Papers RB2014/2/6, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Cartea, Álvaro & González-Pedraz, Carlos, 2012.
"How much should we pay for interconnecting electricity markets? A real options approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 14-30.
- González-Pedraz, Carlos & Cartea, Álvaro, 2010. "How much should we pay for interconnecting electricity markets? A real options approach," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb103206, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Jacques Pelkmans & Lionel Kapff, 2010. "Interconnector Investment for a Well-functioning Internal Market. What EU regime of regulatory incentives?," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 18, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- George P. Papaioannou & Christos Dikaiakos & George Evangelidis & Panagiotis G. Papaioannou & Dionysios S. Georgiadis, 2015. "Co-Movement Analysis of Italian and Greek Electricity Market Wholesale Prices by Using a Wavelet Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-30, October.
- Richter, Jan & Viehmann, Johannes, 2014.
"The value of information in explicit cross-border capacity auction regimes in electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 74-84.
- Richter, Jan & Viehmann, Johannes, 2013. "The Value of Information in Explicit Cross-Border Capacity Auction Regimes in Electricity Markets," EWI Working Papers 2013-5, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Meeus, Leonardo, 2011.
"Why (and how) to regulate power exchanges in the EU market integration context?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1470-1475, March.
- Leonardo Meeus, 2010. "Why (and how) to regulate Power Exchanges in the EU market integration context?," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/12, European University Institute.
- Balaguer, Jacint & Ripollés, Jordi, 2014. "Are the transport fuel retail markets regionally integrated in Spain? Evidence from price transmission," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 323-332.
- Mahringer, Steffen & Fuess, Roland & Prokopczuk, Marcel, 2015. "Electricity Market Coupling and the Pricing of Transmission Rights: An Option-based Approach," Working Papers on Finance 1512, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Pellini, Elisabetta, 2012. "Measuring the impact of market coupling on the Italian electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 322-333.
- Jørgensen, Jan Guldager & Schröder, Philipp J.H., 2014. "Harmonization versus Mutual Recognition: Some pitfalls for the coordination of product standards under imperfect competition," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 23/2014, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Bunn, Derek & Koc, Veli & Sapio, Alessandro, 2015. "Resource externalities and the persistence of heterogeneous pricing behavior in an energy commodity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 265-275.
- Füss, Roland & Mahringer, Steffen & Prokopczuk, Marcel, 2013. "Electricity Spot and Derivatives Pricing when Markets are Interconnected," Working Papers on Finance 1323, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:aen:journl:eeep4_1_valeri is not listed on IDEAS
- de Nooij, Michiel, 2011. "Social cost-benefit analysis of electricity interconnector investment: A critical appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3096-3105, June.
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek, 2013. "Valuation anomalies for interconnector transmission rights," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 565-578.
- Balaguer, Jacint, 2011. "Cross-border integration in the European electricity market. Evidence from the pricing behavior of Norwegian and Swiss exporters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4703-4712, September.
- Petr Spodniak & Mikael Collan & Mari Makkonen, 2017. "On Long-Term Transmission Rights in the Nordic Electricity Markets," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Meeus, Leonardo, 2011.
"Implicit auctioning on the Kontek Cable: Third time lucky?,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 413-418, May.
- Leonardo Meeus, 2010. "Implicit Auctioning on the Kontek Cable: Third Time Lucky?," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/49, European University Institute.
- Sapio, Alessandro, 2015. "The effects of renewables in space and time: A regime switching model of the Italian power price," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 487-499.
- Deane, Paul & FitzGerald, John & Malaguzzi Valeri, Laura & Tuohy, Aidan & Walsh, Darragh, 2013. "Irish and British Historical Electricity Prices and Implications for the Future," Papers WP452, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Gore, Olga & Vanadzina, Evgenia & Viljainen, Satu, 2016. "Linking the energy-only market and the energy-plus-capacity market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 52-61.
- Sapio, Alessandro & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2016. "Price regimes in an energy island: Tacit collusion vs. cost and network explanations," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 157-172.
More about this item
KeywordsAuctions; Electricity; Transmission; Market power; L95;
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:37:y:2010:i:3:p:243-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.