The Trade and Conflict Debate: A Survey of Theory, Evidence and Future Research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keynes, John Maynard, 1919. "The Economic Consequences of the Peace," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number keynes1919.
- Garfinkel,Michelle R. & Skaperdas,Stergios (ed.), 2008.
"The Political Economy of Conflict and Appropriation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521088268, May.
- Garfinkel,Michelle R. & Skaperdas,Stergios (ed.), 1996. "The Political Economy of Conflict and Appropriation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521560634, March.
- Rafael Reuveny & Heejoon Kang, 1998. "Bilateral Trade and Political Conflict/Cooperation: Do Goods Matter?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 35(5), pages 581-602, September.
- Brada, Josef C & Mendez, Jose A, 1985. "Economic Integration among Developed, Developing and Centrally Planned Economies: A Comparative Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 549-556, November.
- Holsti, Kal J., 1986. "Politics in command: foreign trade as national security policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 643-671, June.
- Anderton, Charles H & Anderton, Roxane A & Carter, John R, 1999. "Economic Activity in the Shadow of Conflict," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 166-179, January.
- Buzan, Barry, 1984. "Economic structure and international security: the limits of the liberal Case," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(04), pages 597-624, September.
- Katherine Barbieri, 1996. "Economic Interdependence: A Path to Peace or a Source of Interstate Conflict?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 33(1), pages 29-49, February.
- Isard Walter & Anderton Charles H., 1999.
"Survey of the Peace Economics Literature: Recent Key Contributions and a Comprehensive Coverage Up to 1992 (Part I),"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-42, October.
- Isard Walter & Anderton Charles H., 1999. "Survey of the Peace Economics Literature: Recent Key Contributions and a Comprehensive Coverage Up to 1992 (Part II)," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-55, October.
- Moon, Bruce E., 1985. "Consensus or compliance? Foreign-policy change and external dependence," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 297-329, March.
- Solomon William Polachek, 1980. "Conflict and Trade," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 55-78, March.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-1288, December.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Anarchy and Its Breakdown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 26-52, February.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Laura D'Andrea Tyson, 1992. "Who's Bashing Whom? Trade Conflict in High-Technology Industries," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 86.
- Lois W. Sayrs, 1990. "Expected Utility and Peace Science: An Assessment of Trade and Conflict," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 11(1), pages 17-44, February.
- Katherine Barbieri & Jack S. Levy, 1999. "Sleeping with the Enemy: The Impact of War on Trade," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 463-479, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Hic Sunt Leones! The role of national identity on aggressiveness between national football teams," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Raul Caruso, 2015.
"Beyond deterrence and decline. Towards a general understanding of peace economics,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 128(1), pages 57-74.
- Caruso, Raul, 2014. "Beyond Deterrence and Decline. Towards a General Understanding of Peace Economics," MPRA Paper 59505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Knill, April & Lee, Bong-Soo & Mauck, Nathan, 2012. "Bilateral political relations and sovereign wealth fund investment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 108-123.
- Reuveny Rafael, 2001. "Economic Openness As a Goal? The Bigger Picture for the Global System," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Haruna Shoji & Goel Rajeev K., 2016. "International Tariffs in a Mixed Oligopoly with Research Spillovers," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 22(3), pages 277-293, August.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:70:y:2017:i:4:p:511-545 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mintz Alex & Heo Uk, 2014. "Triads in International Relations: The Effect of Superpower Aid, Trade, and Arms Transfers on Conflict in the Middle East," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(3), pages 1-19, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:pepspp:v:6:y:2000:i:1:n:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.