Conflict and trade: the relationship between geographic distance and international interactions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1984. "Testing trade theories and predicting trade flows," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 467-517 Elsevier.
- Polachek, Solomon W, 1997. "Why Democracies Cooperate More and Fight Less: The Relationship between International Trade and Cooperation," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 295-309, August.
- Schiff, Maurice & Winters, L Alan, 1998. "Regional Integration as Diplomacy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 271-295, May.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:02:p:465-480_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. J. Rummel, 1983. "Libertarianism and International Violence," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 27(1), pages 27-71, March.
- Gartzke, Erik & Li, Quan & Boehmer, Charles, 2001. "Investing in the Peace: Economic Interdependence and International Conflict," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(02), pages 391-438, March.
- Lois W. Sayrs, 1990. "Expected Utility and Peace Science: An Assessment of Trade and Conflict," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 11(1), pages 17-44, February.
- Patrick James & Eric Solberg & Murray Wolfson, 1999. "An identified systemic model of the democracy-peace nexus," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 1-37.
- Katherine Barbieri & Jack S. Levy, 1999. "Sleeping with the Enemy: The Impact of War on Trade," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 463-479, July.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:03:p:624-638_27 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markowska Małgorzata & Sobolewski Marek, 2016. "The Assessment Of Geographical Borders In Economic Research," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 19(5), pages 99-123, December.
- Juan Sebastián Castillo & Mª Carmen García Cortijo, 2014. "Las exportaciones españolas de vino, 1986-2012: dinámicas gravitacionales," Historia Agraria. Revista de Agricultura e Historia Rural, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria, issue 64, pages 103-130, december.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2007. "Politics Remains but Economics Leads and Peace Follows: Making a Case for India-Pakistan Peace Process in line with China Model," MPRA Paper 3075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Beyond being Good Neighbors: Proximity to International Markets Matter More for India Pakistan Peace," MPRA Paper 83098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Robst & Solomon Polachek & Yuan-Ching Chang, 2007.
"Geographic Proximity, Trade, and International Conflict/Cooperation,"
Conflict Management and Peace Science,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Robst, John & Polachek, Solomon & Chang, Yuan-Ching, 2006. "Geographic Proximity, Trade and International Conflict/Cooperation," IZA Discussion Papers 1988, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lin Scott Y. & Seiglie Carlos, 2014. "Same Evidences, Different Interpretations – A Comparison of the Conflict Index between the Interstate Dyadic Events Data and Militarized Interstate Disputes Data in Peace-Conflict Models," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 1-26, April.
- Murshed, S.M. & Mamoon, D., 2007. "On the Costs of Not Loving Thy Neighbour as Thyself," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18748, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:92:y:2016:i:3:p:287-299 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:33:y:2004:i:4:p:491-509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.