Beyond being Good Neighbors: Proximity to International Markets Matter More for India Pakistan Peace
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward E. Azar, 1980. "The Conflict and Peace Data Bank (COPDAB) Project," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 143-152, March.
- Polachek, Solomon W, 1997. "Why Democracies Cooperate More and Fight Less: The Relationship between International Trade and Cooperation," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 295-309, August.
- John Robst & Solomon Polachek & Yuan-Ching Chang, 2007.
"Geographic Proximity, Trade, and International Conflict/Cooperation,"
Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Robst, John & Polachek, Solomon & Chang, Yuan-Ching, 2006. "Geographic Proximity, Trade and International Conflict/Cooperation," IZA Discussion Papers 1988, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Han Dorussen, 1999. "Balance of Power Revisited: A Multi-Country Model of Trade and Conflict," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 443-462, July.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-1153, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1988. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Polachek, Solomon W. & Seiglie, Carlos, 2007.
"Trade, Peace and Democracy: An Analysis of Dyadic Dispute,"
Handbook of Defense Economics, in: Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler (ed.), Handbook of Defense Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1017-1073,
- Polachek, Solomon & Seiglie, Carlos, 2006. "Trade, Peace and Democracy: An Analysis of Dyadic Dispute," IZA Discussion Papers 2170, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chang, Yuan-Ching & Polachek, Solomon W. & Robst, John, 2004. "Conflict and trade: the relationship between geographic distance and international interactions," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 491-509, September.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Murshed, S.M. & Mamoon, D., 2007. "On the Costs of Not Loving Thy Neighbour as Thyself," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18748, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2007. "Politics Remains but Economics Leads and Peace Follows: Making a Case for India-Pakistan Peace Process in line with China Model," MPRA Paper 3075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "When Armies Don’t Fight: Are Militaries in India and Pakistan Strategically Aligned to Promote Peace in South Asia?," MPRA Paper 82695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murshed, Mansoob & Mamoon, Dawood, 2008. "The consequences of Not Loving thy neigbor as Thyself: Trade, democracy and military explainations behind India Pakistan rivalry," MPRA Paper 10429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin Scott Y. & Seiglie Carlos, 2014. "Same Evidences, Different Interpretations – A Comparison of the Conflict Index between the Interstate Dyadic Events Data and Militarized Interstate Disputes Data in Peace-Conflict Models," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 1-26, April.
- Ilhom Temurov & Yilmaz Kilicaslan, 2016. "Conflict or Distance: What Determines the International Trade?," World Journal of Applied Economics, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 15-31, December.
- Mamoon, Dawood & S. Mansoob, Murshed, 2008. "On the Conflict Mitigating Effects of Trade: The India-Pakistan Case," MPRA Paper 10431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter A.G. van Bergeijk, 2009. "Economic Diplomacy and the Geography of International Trade," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13518.
- Emeka Nkoro & Aham Kelvin Uko, 2016. "Exchange Rate and Inflation Volatility and Stock Prices Volatility: Evidence from Nigeria, 1986-2012," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(6), pages 1-4.
- Taamouti, Abderrahim & García, René & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2008. "Measuring causality between volatility and returns with high-frequency data," UC3M Working papers. Economics we084422, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Gaetano D’Adamo, 2014. "Wage spillovers across sectors in Eastern Europe," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 523-552, September.
- Ahmed, Khalid, 2015. "The sheer scale of China’s urban renewal and CO2 emissions: Multiple structural breaks, long-run relationship and short-run dynamics," MPRA Paper 71035, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claude Diebolt & Cédric Doliger, 2005. "Becker vs. Easterlin. Education, Fertility and Growth in France after World War II," Working Papers 05-03, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Song, Wonho & Park, Sung Y. & Ryu, Doojin, 2018. "Dynamic conditional relationships between developed and emerging markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 507(C), pages 534-543.
- Amendola, Alessandra & Candila, Vincenzo & Gallo, Giampiero M., 2019. "On the asymmetric impact of macro–variables on volatility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 135-152.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2014.
"Financial development and poverty reduction nexus: A cointegration and causality analysis in Bangladesh,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 405-412.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & AROURI, Mohamed El Hedi, 2013. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction Nexus:A Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 49264, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Aug 2013.
- Claude Diebolt & Magali Jaoul-Grammare & Faustine Perrin, 2020. "Scolarisation de masse des garçons et des filles. Financement public de l’instruction primaire et croissance économique en France au XIXème siècle," Working Papers of BETA 2020-51, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Nafeesa Yunus & J. Hansz & Paul Kennedy, 2012. "Dynamic Interactions Between Private and Public Real Estate Markets: Some International Evidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 1021-1040, November.
- Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M., 2001.
"The convergence of monetary policy between candidate countries and the European Union,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 215-231, September.
- Brada, Josef C. & Ktan, Ali M., 2001. "The convergence of monetary policy between candidate countries and the European Union," ZEI Working Papers B 07-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsInter-state conflict and trade; democracy and conflict; conflict and economic development.;
All these keywords.
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F68 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2017-12-11 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:83098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.