Trade, Peace and Democracy: An Analysis of Dyadic Dispute
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Polachek, Solomon W. & Seiglie, Carlos, 2007. "Trade, Peace and Democracy: An Analysis of Dyadic Dispute," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polachek Solomon W, 2011. "Current Research and Future Directions in Peace Economics: Trade Gone Awry," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Dawood Mamoon & S. Murshed, 2010. "The conflict mitigating effects of trade in the India-Pakistan case," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 145-167, April.
- repec:epc:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:21-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Han Dorussen & Hugh Ward, 2011. "Disaggregated Trade Flows and International Conflict," Chapters,in: The Handbook on the Political Economy of War, chapter 25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Vincenzo Bove & Leandro Elia & Petros G. Sekeris, 2014.
"US Security Strategy and the Gains from Bilateral Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 863-885, November.
- Vincenzo Bove & Leandro Elia & Petros G. Sekeris, 2013. "U.S. Security Strategy and the Gains from Bilateral Trade," Working Papers 1302, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Daddi, Pierluigi & Pieroni, Luca & Steinbrueck, Eric, 2014. "Does military spending stimulate growth? An empirical investigation in Italy," MPRA Paper 58290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderton,Charles H. & Carter,John R., 2009. "Principles of Conflict Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521875578, April.
- Shoro Armstrong, 2010.
"Interaction Between Trade, Conflict And Cooperation: The Case Of Japan And China,"
Asia Pacific Economic Papers
386, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Shiro Armstrong, 2010. "Interaction between trade, conflict and cooperation : the case of Japan and China," Trade Working Papers 22766, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Murshed, Mansoob & Mamoon, Dawood, 2008. "The consequences of Not Loving thy neigbor as Thyself: Trade, democracy and military explainations behind India Pakistan rivalry," MPRA Paper 10429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sylvanus Kwaku Afesorgbor, 2016. "Economic Diplomacy in Africa: The Impact of Regional Integration versus Bilateral Diplomacy on Bilateral Trade," Economics Working Papers 2016-09, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2015.
"Trade costs, conflicts, and defense spending,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 305-318.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2013. "Trade Costs, Conflicts, and Defense Spending," Discussion Papers in Economics 15733, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2013. "Trade Costs, Conflicts, and Defense Spending," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 404, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Caruso Raul, 2011. "On the Nature of Peace Economics," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-13, January.
- Jha, Saumitra, 2008. "Trade, Institutions and Religious Tolerance: Evidence from India," Research Papers 2004, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- D'Souza, Anna, 2014. "Conflict and Trade: Implications for Agriculture and Food Security," Proceedings Issues, 2014: Food, Resources and Conflict, December 7-9, 2014, San Diego, California 197200, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2007. "Politics Remains but Economics Leads and Peace Follows: Making a Case for India-Pakistan Peace Process in line with China Model," MPRA Paper 3075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ksp:journ3:v:4:y:2017:i:3:p:322-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Beyond being Good Neighbors: Proximity to International Markets Matter More for India Pakistan Peace," MPRA Paper 83098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dawood MAMOON, 2017.
"Missing the Peace Train in 2006: Economic and political dynamics of India Pakistan hostility?,"
Journal of Economic and Social Thought,
KSP Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 322-328, Seprember.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Missing the Peace Train in 2006: Economic and Political Dynamics of India Pakistan Hostility?," MPRA Paper 81759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Polachek Solomon W & Xiang Jun, 2010. "Opportunity Costs and the Probability of War in an Incomplete Information Game (With Comments by Lloyd Jeff Dumas)," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-6, June.
- Lin Scott Y. & Seiglie Carlos, 2014. "Same Evidences, Different Interpretations – A Comparison of the Conflict Index between the Interstate Dyadic Events Data and Militarized Interstate Disputes Data in Peace-Conflict Models," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 1-26, April.
- Mamoon, Dawood & S. Mansoob, Murshed, 2008. "On the Conflict Mitigating Effects of Trade: The India-Pakistan Case," MPRA Paper 10431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murshed, S.M. & Mamoon, D., 2007. "On the Costs of Not Loving Thy Neighbour as Thyself," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18748, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Scott L. BAIER & Jeffrey H. BERGSTRAND & Peter EGGER, 2009. "The Growth Of Regional Economic Integration Agreements And The Middle East," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 29, pages 11-30.
More about this item
Keywordsconflict; cooperation; interdependence; gains from trade; dyadic dispute; democratic peace; trade; democracy;
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2006-07-02 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2006-07-02 (International Trade)
- NEP-POL-2006-07-02 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .