International Tariffs in a Mixed Oligopoly with Research Spillovers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-1137, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1988. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Keith Hartley, 2006. "Defence Industrial Policy in a Military Alliance," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 43(4), pages 473-489, July.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1984. "Trade warfare: Tariffs and cartels," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 227-242, May.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1984. "International Trade Policy for Oligopolistic Industries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 1-16, Supplemen.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1984. "Practical Implications of Game Theoretic Models of R&D," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 61-66, May.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Payne, James E. & Ram, Rati, 2008. "R&D expenditures and U.S. economic growth: A disaggregated approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 237-250.
- Stefano Colombo, 2016. "Mixed oligopolies and collusion," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 167-184, June.
- White, Mark D., 1996. "Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-195, November.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2010. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly with semipublic firms," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(2), pages 97-113, August.
- Julie Carlson, 2008. "Cooperative R&D and Strategic Trade Policy with Bertrand Competition," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 355-367, May.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Kenneth Fjell & Debashis Pal, 1996. "A Mixed Oligopoly in the Presence of Foreign Private Firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 737-743, August.
- Ishibashi, Ikuo & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006. "R&D competition between public and private sectors," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1347-1366, August.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Shoji Haruna, 2011. "Cost-Reducing R&D with Spillovers and Trade," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 167(2), pages 314-326, June.
- Reitzes, James D, 1991. "The Impact of Quotas and Tariffs on Strategic R&D Behavior," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 985-1007, November.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1990. " Game Theoretic Models of Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- Naoto Jinji & Xingyuan Zhang & Shoji Haruna, 2015. "Trade patterns and international technology spillovers: evidence from patent citations," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(4), pages 635-658, November.
- Homi Katrak, 1996. "Trade policies, enterprise characteristics and technological effort in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 39-51.
- Lihua Han, 2012. "Strategic Privatization And Trade Policies In An International Mixed Oligopoly," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 80(5), pages 580-602, September.
- Goel, Rajeev K, 1990. "The Substitutability of Capital, Labor, and R&D in U.S. Manufacturing," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 211-227, July.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino & Mariagrazia Squicciarini & Peilei Fan, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment, R&D Mobility and the New Economic Geography: A Survey," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(12), pages 1692-1715, December.
- Roy W. Shin, 1998. "Implementation of science and technology policies for global competition: Korea's electronics and telecommunications industries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 715-731.
- Kesavayuth, Dusanee & Zikos, Vasileios, 2013. "R&D versus output subsidies in mixed markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 293-296.
- Yoshihiro Tomaru & Masayuki Saito, 2010. "Mixed Duopoly, Privatization And Subsidization In An Endogenous Timing Framework," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Ogawa, Akira, 2012. "Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 174-177.
- Debashis Pal & Mark D. White, 1998. "Mixed Oligopoly, Privatization, and Strategic Trade Policy," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 264-281, October.
- Nakamura, Tsuyoshi, 2001. "International Knowledge Spillovers and Technology Imports: Evidence from Japanese Chemical and Electric Equipment Industries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 271-297, September.
- Reuveny Rafael, 2000. "The Trade and Conflict Debate: A Survey of Theory, Evidence and Future Research," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Yap, Yee Jiun & Luckraz, Shravan & Tey, Siew Kian, 2014. "Long-term research and development incentives in a dynamic Cournot duopoly," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 8-18.
- Brcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Garzn, Mara Begoa, 2009. "Relocation and public ownership of firms," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 71-85, March.
More about this item
Keywordsmixed oligopoly; R&D; spillovers; cost reduction; import tariffs; defense sector;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:pepspp:v:22:y:2016:i:3:p:277-293:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.