Does Experience Matter for Patterns of Expansion by US Companies in Latin America and the Caribbean?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013.
"A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 184-198.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010. "A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010," NBER Working Papers 15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galan, Jose I. & Gonzalez-Benito, Javier, 2006. "Distinctive determinant factors of Spanish foreign direct investment in Latin America," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 171-189.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Kamal Saggi, 2010.
"Technological Asymmetry Among Foreign Investors And Mode Of Entry,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(2), pages 415-433, April.
- Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Technological asymmetry among foreign investors and mode of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3196, The World Bank.
- Wooster, Rossitza B. & Blanco, Luisa & Sawyer, W. Charles, 2016. "Equity commitment under uncertainty: A hierarchical model of real option entry mode choices," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 382-394.
- Donna L Paul & Rossitza B Wooster, 2008. "Strategic investments by US firms in transition economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 249-266.
- Keith D Brouthers, 2002. "Institutional, Cultural and Transaction Cost Influences on Entry Mode Choice and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 203-221.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1991. "Technological Capabilities and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 401-413.
- Blanco, Luisa R., 2012. "The Spatial Interdependence of FDI in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1337-1351.
- Busakorn Chantasasawat & K. C. Fung & Hitomi Iizaka & Alan Siu, 2010.
"FDI Flows to Latin America, East and Southeast Asia, and China: Substitutes or Complements?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 533-546.
- Chantasasawat, Busakorn & Fung, K. C. & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "FDI Flows to Latin America, East and Southeast Asia and China: Substitutes or Complements?," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7hc6z50p, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Chantasasawat, Busakorn & Fung, K. C. & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "FDI Flows to Latin America, East and Southeast Asia and China: Substitutes or Complements?," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt3614g4nw, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Chantasasawat, Busakorn & Fung, K. C. & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "FDI Flows to Latin America, East and Southeast Asia and China: Substitutes or Complements?," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3614g4nw, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- T Agmon, 2003. "Who gets what: the MNE, the national state and the distributional effects of globalization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 416-427.
- Bouët, Antoine & Berisha-Krasniqi, Valdete & Estrades, Carmen & Laborde, David, 2012. "Trade and investment in Latin America and Asia: Perspectives from further integration," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 193-210.
- Pietra Rivoli & Eugene Salorio, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Investment under Uncertainty," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 335-357.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 2-20.
- Doytch, Nadia & Uctum, Merih, 2011. "Does the worldwide shift of FDI from manufacturing to services accelerate economic growth? A GMM estimation study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 410-427, April.
- Lilia Cavallari & Stefano d'Addona, 2013. "Nominal and real volatility as determinants of FDI," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(18), pages 2603-2610, June.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-364, October.
- Miguel D. RamírezAuthor-Email: Miguel.Ramirez@trincoll.edu, 2006. "Does foreign direct investment enhance private capital formation in Latin America? a pooled analysis for the 1981-2000 period," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 81-97, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:glecon:v:15:y:2015:i:1:p:1-24:n:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.