Grocery Retailer Behavior in Perishable Fresh Produce Procurement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Owen, Ann & Trzepacz, David, 2002. "Menu costs, firm strategy, and price rigidity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 345-349, August.
- Mark Bils & Peter J. Klenow, 2004. "Some Evidence on the Importance of Sticky Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 947-985, October.
- Elizabeth Powers & Nicholas Powers, 2001. "The Size and Frequency of Price Changes: Evidence from Grocery Stores," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(4), pages 397-416, June.
- Anil K Kashyap, 1995.
"Sticky Prices: New Evidence from Retail Catalogs,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 245-274.
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1990. "Sticky prices: new evidence from retail catalogs," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 112, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1991. "Sticky prices: new evidence from retail catalogs," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1994. "Sticky Prices: New Evidence from Retail Catalogs," NBER Working Papers 4855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Hosken & David Reiffen, 2001. "Multiproduct retailers and the sale phenomenon," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 115-137.
- Michael B. Ward & Jay P. Shimshack & Jeffrey M. Perloff & J. Michael Harris, 2002.
"Effects of the Private-Label Invasion in Food Industries,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 961-973.
- Ward, Michael B. & Shimshack, Jay P. & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Harris, J. Michael, 2002. "Effects of the private-label invasion in food industries," MPRA Paper 22186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Levy & Shantanu Dutta & Mark Bergen & Robert Venable, 1998. "Price adjustment at multiproduct retailers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 81-120.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1986. "The Rigidity of Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 637-658, September.
- Herrmann, Roland & Moser, Anke, 2003.
"Price Variability Or Rigidity In The Food-Retailing Sector? Theoretical Analysis And Evidence From German Scanner Data,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25867, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Herrmann, Roland & Möser, Anke, 2003. "Price variability or rigidity in the food-retailing sector? Theoretical analysis and evidence from German scanner data," Discussion Papers 11, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Stiving, Mark & Winer, Russell S, 1997. " An Empirical Analysis of Price Endings with Scanner Data," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 57-67, June.
- John Conlisk & Eitan Gerstner & Joel Sobel, 1984. "Cyclic Pricing by a Durable Goods Monopolist," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(3), pages 489-505.
- Schindler, Robert M & Kirby, Patrick N, 1997. " Patterns of Rightmost Digits Used in Advertised Prices: Implications for Nine-Ending Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 192-201, September.
- Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Bontems Philippe & Réquillart Vincent, 2004. "Economics of Private Labels: A Survey of Literature," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-25, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Réquillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel & Varela-Irimia, Xose-Luis, 2008.
"Imperfect Competition in the Fresh Tomato Industry,"
IDEI Working Papers
498, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 25 Feb 2009.
- Requillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel & Varela Irimia, Xose Luis, 2008. "Imperfect competition in the fresh tomato industry," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44279, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hadj Djelloul, Mohammed & Requillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel, 2008. "Imperfect competition in the fresh tomato industry," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6682, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Lan & Carman, Hoy F. & Sexton, Richard J., 2005.
"Grocery Retailer Pricing Behavior for California Avocados with Implications for Industry Promotion Strategies,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19498, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Li, Lan & Carman, Hoy F. & Sexton, Richard J., 2006. "Grocery Retailer Pricing Behavior for California Avocados with Implications for Industry Promotion Strategies," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25494, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kachel, Yael & Finkelsthain, Israel, 2009. "Antitrust Legislation and Cooperation in Fish Marketing," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 37(2).
- Haji, Jema, 2008. "Economic efficiency and marketing performance of vegetable production in the eastern and central parts of Ethiopia," Department of Economics publications 1730, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Cotterill, Ronald W., 2006.
"Antitrust analysis of supermarkets: global concerns playing out in local markets,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(1), March.
- Ronald W. Cotterill, 2006. "Antitrust analysis of supermarkets: global concerns playing out in local markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(1), pages 17-32, March.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2010.
"Market power and rents in global supply chains,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 109-120, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Market Power and Rents in Global Supply Chains," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53213, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Habtu T. Weldegebriel & Xiuqing Wang & Anthony J. Rayner, 2012. "Price transmission market power and industry technology: a note," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 281-299, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bjafio:v:3:y:2005:i:1:n:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.