A Dynamic Model of Pension Fund Companies
Two dynamic profit maximizing models of a pension fund company are developed and solved using calculus of variations techniques. Starting with a low portfolio management fee and increasing it gradually to a level of interest rate of Government paper is shown to be the optimal strategy which is contrary to the observed behavior of such companies. Thus, this result should lead the managers of such funds to review their pricing strategies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2013)
Issue (Month): 51 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (90 212) 298 2100
Fax: (90 212) 298 2189
Web page: http://www.borsaistanbul.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Abelson & Roselyne Joyeux & George Milunovich & Demi Chung, 2005. "Explaining House Prices in Australia: 1970-2003," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages S96-S103, 08.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Thomas Vlassopoulos, 2007.
"The Interaction between Mortgage Financing and Housing Prices in Greece,"
58, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles Brissimis & Thomas Vlassopoulos, 2009. "The Interaction between Mortgage Financing and Housing Prices in Greece," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 146-164, August.
- Ricardo Gimeno & Carmen Martínez-Carrascal, 2006. "The interaction between house prices and loans for house purchase. The Spanish case," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0605, Banco de Espa�a.
- Nazif Durmaz, 2011.
"Housing Prices and Fundamentals: The Role of a Supply Shifter,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2468-2479.
- Durmaz, Nazif, 2011. "Housing Prices and Fundamentals: The Role of a Supply Shifter," MPRA Paper 28556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carliner, Geoffrey, 1973. "Income Elasticity of Housing Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 528-32, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bor:iserev:v:13:y:2013:i:51:p:1-1-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ahmet Palu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.