The role of designated market makers in the new trading landscape
Designated market makers (DMMs) have traditionally been a source of liquidity for exchange-traded securities and financial contracts. Recent regulatory and technological developments, however, have changed the environment in which DMMs operate, raising questions about their place in the new trading landscape. This article discusses the role and challenges of DMMs in today’s trading venues.
Volume (Year): 52 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Publications Group Bank of England Threadneedle Street London EC2R 8AH|
Phone: +44 (0)171 601 4030
Fax: +44 (0)171 601 5196
Web page: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Skjeltorp, Johannes A & Odegaard, Bernt Arne, 2010.
"Why do firms pay for liquidity provision in limit order markets?,"
UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance
2010/3, University of Stavanger.
- Johannes A. Skjeltorp & Bernt Arne Ødegaard, 2010. "Why do firms pay for liquidity provision in limit order markets?," Working Paper 2010/12, Norges Bank.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2000. "The benchmark U.S. Treasury market: recent performance and possible alternatives," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 129-145.
- Amir E. Khandani & Andrew W. Lo, 2008.
"What Happened To The Quants In August 2007?: Evidence from Factors and Transactions Data,"
NBER Working Papers
14465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khandani, Amir E. & Lo, Andrew W., 2011. "What happened to the quants in August 2007? Evidence from factors and transactions data," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-46, February.
- Anand, Amber & Tanggaard, Carsten & Weaver, Daniel G., 2009. "Paying for Market Quality," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(06), pages 1427-1457, December.
- Neal, Larry & Davis, Lance, 2006. "The evolution of the structure and performance of the London Stock Exchange in the first global financial market, 1812 1914," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 279-300, December.
- Venkataraman, Kumar & Waisburd, Andrew C., 2007. "The Value of the Designated Market Maker," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 735-758, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:qbullt:0091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.