Clusters: A Mesmerising Mantra
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M J Taylor & N J Thrift, 1982. "Industrial Linkage and the Segmented Economy: 1. Some Theoretical Proposals," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 14(12), pages 1601-1613, December.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1992. "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-185, March.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Paul Benneworth & Nick Henry, 2004. "Where Is the Value Added in the Cluster Approach? Hermeneutic Theorising, Economic Geography and Clusters as a Multiperspectival Approach," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(5-6), pages 1011-1023, May.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "Social Capital and Community Governance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 419-436, November.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- M J Taylor & N J Thrift, 1982. "Industrial linkage and the segmented economy: 1. Some theortical proposals," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 14(12), pages 1601-1613, December.
- N.A. Phelps, 2004. "Clusters, Dispersion and the Spaces in Between: For an Economic Geography of the Banal," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(5-6), pages 971-989, May.
- Michael Taylor, 2002. "Enterprise, Embeddedness and Exclusion: Business and Development in Fiji," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 93(3), pages 302-315, August.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The Elusive Concept of Localization Economies: Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of Spatial Clustering," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Roger Koppl & Richard Langlois, 2001. "Organizations and Language Games," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 5(3), pages 287-305, September.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1996. "What Firms Do? Coordination, Identity, and Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(5), pages 502-518, October.
- Glasmeier, Amy, 1991. "Technological discontinuities and flexible production networks: The case of Switzerland and the world watch industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 469-485, October.
- Gernot Grabher, 2001. "Ecologies of creativity: the Village, the Group, and the heterarchic organisation of the British advertising industry," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(2), pages 351-374, February.
- James Simmie, 2004. "Innovation and Clustering in the Globalised International Economy," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(5-6), pages 1095-1112, May.
- John R. Bryson & Grete Rusten, 2008. "Transnational corporations and spatial divisions of ‘service’ expertise as a competitive strategy: the example of 3M and Boeing," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 307-323, April.
- Richard T. Harrison & Sarah Y. Cooper & Colin M. Mason, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Activity and the Dynamics of Technology-based Cluster Development: The Case of Ottawa," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(5-6), pages 1045-1070, May.
- Michael Taylor, 1999. "The small firm as a temporary coalition," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 1-19, January.
- B Kogut & U Zander, 2003. "Knowledge of the firm and the evolutionary theory of the multinational corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(6), pages 516-529, November.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Booyens Irma & Rogerson Christian M., 2016. "Unpacking the geography of tourism innovation in Western Cape Province, South Africa," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 31(31), pages 19-36, March.
- Pinto, Hugo & Cruz, Ana Rita & Combe, Colin, 2015. "Cooperation and the emergence of maritime clusters in the Atlantic: Analysis and implications of innovation and human capital for blue growth," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 167-177.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:tvecsg:v:101:y:2010:i:3:p:276-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0040-747X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.