Collective Learning in Global Diffusion: Spreading Quality Standards in a Developing Country Cluster
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorothy Leonard-Barton, 1990. "A Dual Methodology for Case Studies: Synergistic Use of a Longitudinal Single Site with Replicated Multiple Sites," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 248-266, August.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1992. "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 383-397, August.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 2001. "Knowledge and Organization: A Social-Practice Perspective," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 198-213, April.
- Raveendra Chittoor & MB Sarkar & Sougata Ray & Preet S. Aulakh, 2009. "Third-World Copycats to Emerging Multinationals: Institutional Changes and Organizational Transformation in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 187-205, February.
- Charles J. Corbett, 2006. "Global Diffusion of ISO 9000 Certification Through Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 330-350, January.
- Ikujiro Nonaka & Georg von Krogh, 2009. "Perspective---Tacit Knowledge and Knowledge Conversion: Controversy and Advancement in Organizational Knowledge Creation Theory," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 635-652, June.
- Nancy Brune & Geoffrey Garrett & Bruce Kogut, 2004. "The International Monetary Fund and the Global Spread of Privatization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 1-1.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Paulo Albuquerque & Bart J. Bronnenberg & Charles J. Corbett, 2007. "A Spatiotemporal Analysis of the Global Diffusion of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 Certification," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(3), pages 451-468, March.
- Andrew M. Pettigrew, 1990. "Longitudinal Field Research on Change: Theory and Practice," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, August.
- Gendron, Yves & Cooper, David J. & Townley, Barbara, 2007. "The construction of auditing expertise in measuring government performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 101-129.
- Helper, Susan & MacDuffie, John Paul & Sabel, Charles, 2000. "Pragmatic Collaborations: Advancing Knowledge While Controlling Opportunism," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 443-487, September.
- Simmons, Beth A. & Dobbin, Frank & Garrett, Geoffrey, 2006. "Introduction: The International Diffusion of Liberalism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 781-810, October.
- Paul Attewell, 1992. "Technology Diffusion and Organizational Learning: The Case of Business Computing," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Paul R. Carlile, 2002. "A Pragmatic View of Knowledge and Boundaries: Boundary Objects in New Product Development," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(4), pages 442-455, August.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Blandine Denis, 2005. "Routinisation and memorisation of tasks inside a workshop: the case of the introduction of ISO norms," Post-Print hal-00457079, HAL.
- Paola Perez-Aleman, 2005. "CLUSTER formation, institutions and learning: the emergence of clusters and development in Chile," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 651-677, August.
- Martha S. Feldman, 2000. "Organizational Routines as a Source of Continuous Change," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(6), pages 611-629, December.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Hobday, Mike, 1995. "East Asian latecomer firms: Learning the technology of electronics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1171-1193, July.
- Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Collective Efficiency and Collective Failure: The Response of the Sialkot Surgical Instrument Cluster to Global Quality Pressures," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1605-1626, September.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
- Stephen R. Barley, 1990. "Images of Imaging: Notes on Doing Longitudinal Field Work," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 220-247, August.
- Petra Christmann & Glen Taylor, 2001. "Globalization and the Environment: Determinants of Firm Self-Regulation in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 439-458, September.
- Beth A. Bechky, 2003. "Sharing Meaning Across Occupational Communities: The Transformation of Understanding on a Production Floor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 312-330, June.
- Wanda J. Orlikowski, 2002. "Knowing in Practice: Enacting a Collective Capability in Distributed Organizing," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 249-273, June.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1996. "What Firms Do? Coordination, Identity, and Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(5), pages 502-518, October.
- Dobson, William D., 2003. "Strategies for Developing Domestic and International Markets for Nicaragua's Dairy Products," Discussion Papers 37566, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Babcock Institute for International Dairy Research and Development.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Blandine Denis, 2005. "Routinization and memorization of tasks in a workshop: the case of the introduction of ISO norms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 873-896, October.
- Haridimos Tsoukas, 2009. "A Dialogical Approach to the Creation of New Knowledge in Organizations," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 941-957, December.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 1991. "Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 40-57, February.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:294-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:brjirl:v:56:y:2018:i:1:p:43-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:3:p:392-402 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria J. Restrepo & Margareta A. Lelea & Brigitte Kaufmann, 2016. "Second-Order Cybernetic Analysis to Re-construct Farmers’ Rationale When Regulating Milk Production," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 29(5), pages 449-468, October.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2015. "Solar energy in sub-Saharan Africa: The challenges and opportunities of technological leapfrogging," MPRA Paper 88627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational diffusion; organizational practice; collective learning; knowledge building; developing economies; quality standards;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:22:y:2011:i:1:p:173-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.