The construction of auditing expertise in measuring government performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenberg, David & Tomkins, Cyril & Day, Peter, 1982. "A work role perspective of accountants in local government service departments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 123-137, April.
- Kurunmaki, Liisa, 1999. "Professional vs financial capital in the field of health care--struggles for the redistribution of power and control," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 95-124, April.
- Radcliffe, Vaughan S., 1999. "Knowing efficiency: the enactment of efficiency in efficiency auditing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 333-362, May.
- Power, Michael K., 2003. "Auditing and the production of legitimacy," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-394, May.
- Pollitt, Christopher & Girre, Xavier & Lonsdale, Jeremy & Mul, Robert & Summa, Hilkka & Waerness, Marit, 1999. "Performance or Compliance?: Performance Audit and Public Management in Five Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296003.
- Power, Michael, 1997. "Expertise and the construction of relevance: Accountants and environmental audit," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 123-146, February.
- Power, Michael, 1996. "Making things auditable," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 289-315.
- Llewellyn, Sue, 1998. "Boundary work: Costing and caring in the social services," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 23-47, January.
- Armstrong, Peter, 1985. "Changing management control strategies: The role of competition between accountancy and other organisational professions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 129-148, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:32:y:2007:i:1-2:p:101-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.