Extrapolation Of Purchasing Power Parities Using Multiple Benchmarks And Auxiliary Information: A New Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Branko Milanovic, 2002.
"True World Income Distribution, 1988 and 1993: First Calculation Based on Household Surveys Alone,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 51-92, January.
- Milanovic, Branko, 1999. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993 - first calculations, based on household surveys alone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2244, The World Bank.
- Branko milanovic, 2003. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993: First calculation based on household surveys alo," HEW 0305002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1991.
"Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521405737.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1990. "Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521321969.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Alison Stegman, 2005. "Convergence And Per Capita Carbon Emissions," CAMA Working Papers 2005-10, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002.
"15 Years of New Growth Economics : What Have we Learnt?,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(2), pages 5-15, August.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2001. "15 years of new growth economics: What have we learnt?," Economics Working Papers 620, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2002.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002. "15 Years of New Growth Economics: What Have We Learnt?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 172, Central Bank of Chile.
- Maddison, Angus, 2007. "Contours of the World Economy 1-2030 AD: Essays in Macro-Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199227204.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1991. "Structural Determinants of Real Exchange Rates and National Price Levels: Some Empirical Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 325-334, March.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1988. "A New Set Of International Comparisons Of Real Product And Price Levels Estimates For 130 Countries, 1950–1985," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Majumder, Amita & Ray, Ranjan & Sinha, Kompal, 2015.
"Spatial Comparisons Of Prices And Expenditure In A Heterogeneous Country: Methodology With Application To India,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(5), pages 931-989, July.
- Amita Majumder & Ranjan Ray & Kompal Sinha, 2012. "Spatial Comparisons of Prices and Expenditure in a Heterogeneous Country: Methodology with Application to India," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Hosseiny, Ali, 2017. "A geometrical imaging of the real gap between economies of China and the United States," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 479(C), pages 151-161.
- Ali Hosseiny, 2015. "Violation of Invariance of Measurement for GDP Growth Rate and its Consequences," Papers 1507.04848, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2016.
- Menggen Chen & Yan Wang & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2020. "Measuring the spatial price differences in China with regional price parity methods," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 1103-1146, April.
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Amita Majumder & Ranjan Ray, 2018. "A Framework for the Simultaneous Measurement of Spatial Variation and Temporal Movement in Prices in a Heterogeneous Country: The Dynamic Household Regional Product Dummy Model," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 64(3), pages 703-730, September.
- Robert Hill & Daniel Melser, 2015. "Benchmark averaging and the measurement of changes in international income inequality," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(4), pages 767-801, November.
- Robert J. Hill & Alice O. Nakamura, 2010. "Improving Inflation And Related Performance Measures For Nations: An Introduction," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 1-10, June.
- Robert Inklaar, 2013. "“Price Levels and Economic Growth: Making Sense of Revisions to Data on Real Incomes”: A Comment," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(4), pages 614-622, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alicia N. Rambaldi & D.S. Prasada Rao & K. Renuka Ganegodage, 2009. "Spatial Autocorrelation and Extrapolation of Purchasing Power Parities. Modelling and Sensitivity Analysis," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012009, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Alicia Rambaldi & Howard Doran, 2008. "A Method to Construct World Tables of Purchasing Power Parities and Real Incomes Based on Multiple Benchmarks and Auxiliary Information: Analytical and Empirical Results," CEPA Working Papers Series WP052008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Paul Johnson & Chris Papageorgiou, 2020. "What Remains of Cross-Country Convergence?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 58(1), pages 129-175, March.
- Alison Stegman, 2011. "Sectoral Productivity, Structural Change and Convergence," CAMA Working Papers 2011-32, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Philip Lowe, 1992. "The Impact of Real and Nominal Shocks on Australian Real Exchange Rates," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9201, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- McKibbin, Warwick J. & Pearce, David & Stegman, Alison, 2007. "Long term projections of carbon emissions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 637-653.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Alicia N. Rambaldi & K. Renuka Ganegodage & L. T. Huynh & Howard E. Doran, 2017. "UQICD v2.1.2 User Guide," Discussion Papers Series 534, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Paolo Liberati, 2015.
"The World Distribution of Income And Its Inequality, 1970–2009,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(2), pages 248-273, June.
- Paolo Liberati, 2012. "The world distribution of income and its inequality, 1970 - 2009," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0163, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Avanzi, Benjamin & Taylor, Greg & Vu, Phuong Anh & Wong, Bernard, 2020. "A multivariate evolutionary generalised linear model framework with adaptive estimation for claims reserving," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 50-71.
- Kaika, Dimitra & Zervas, Efthimios, 2013. "The environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) theory. Part B: Critical issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1403-1411.
- David Bolder & Shudan Liu, 2007. "Examining Simple Joint Macroeconomic and Term-Structure Models: A Practitioner's Perspective," Staff Working Papers 07-49, Bank of Canada.
- Yin‐Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2014.
"Exchange Rate Misalignment Estimates—Sources Of Differences,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 91-121, March.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2011. "Exchange Rate Misalingment Estimates - Sources of Differences," CESifo Working Paper Series 3555, CESifo.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Fujii, Eiji, 2011. "Exchange rate misalignment estimates : Sources of differences," BOFIT Discussion Papers 25/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Tobias Hartl & Roland Weigand, 2018. "Approximate State Space Modelling of Unobserved Fractional Components," Papers 1812.09142, arXiv.org, revised May 2020.
- Luboš Komárek & Kamila Koprnická & Petr Král, 2010. "Dlouhodobá reálná apreciace jako fenomén ekonomické konvergence [A Long-Term Real Appreciation as the Phenomenon of Economic Convergence]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2010(1), pages 70-91.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2008.
"Empirics of Growth and Development,"
Chapters, in: Amitava Krishna Dutt & Jaime Ros (ed.), International Handbook of Development Economics, Volumes 1 & 2, volume 0, chapter 3,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2005. "Empirics of growth and Development," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 8-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Kourtellos,A. & Tan,C.M., 2005. "Empirics of growth and development," Working papers 16, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2005. "Empirics of Growth and Development," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0520, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Juan Zalduendo, 2008. "Bivariate Assessments of Real Exchange Rates Using PPP Data," IMF Working Papers 2008/153, International Monetary Fund.
- Clark, Gregory, 2013. "1381 and the Malthus delusion," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 4-15.
- Moshe Buchinsky & Phillip Leslie, 2010. "Educational Attainment and the Changing U.S. Wage Structure: Dynamic Implications on Young Individuals' Choices," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 541-594, July.
- William E. Griffiths and Gholamreza Hajargasht, 2012. "GMM Estimation of Mixtures from Grouped Data:," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1148, The University of Melbourne.
- Stephan Maurer & Ferdinand Rauch, 2019.
"Economic Geography Aspects of the Panama Canal,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2019-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Ferdinand Rauch & Stephan Maurer, 2019. "Economic Geography Aspects of the Panama Canal," Economics Series Working Papers 875, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Maurer, Stephan E & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2019. "Economic Geography Aspects of the Panama Canal," CEPR Discussion Papers 13820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurer, Stephan & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2019. "Economic geography aspects of the Panama Canal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 103391, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephan E. Maurer & Ferdinand Rauch, 2019. "Economic geography aspects of the Panama Canal," CEP Discussion Papers dp1633, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:revinw:v:56:y:2010:i:s1:p:s59-s98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iariwea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.