Dynamic Voluntary Provision of Public Goods and Optimal Steady-State Subsidies
This paper examines a differential game model of voluntary provision of a public good in which private agents' contributions accumulate over time and derives subsidy rules that achieve the socially efficient steady state. It is shown that the optimal subsidy rule is a simple one when agents use the open-loop strategy, while under Markovian strategies it intricately depends on the parameters of the economy. Copyright 2006 Blackwell Publishing Inc..
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1097-3923|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1097-3923|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boadway,Robin & Pestieau,Pierre & Wildasin,David, 1986.
"Tax-transfer policies and the voluntary provision of public goods,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
130, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Boadway, Robin & Pestieau, Pierre & Wildasin, David, 1989. "Tax-transfer policies and the voluntary provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 157-176, July.
- Boadway, R.W. & Pestieau, P. & Wildasin, D.E., 1987. "Tax-transfer policies and the voluntary provision of public goods," CORE Discussion Papers 1987019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Robin Boadway & Pierre Pestieau & David Wildasin, 1987. "Tax-Transfer Policies and the Voluntary Provision of Public Goods," Working Papers 682, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- BOADWAY, Robin & PESTIEAU, Pierre & WILDASIN, David, . "Tax-transfer policies and the voluntary provision of public goods," CORE Discussion Papers RP -856, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fershtman, C. & Nitzan, S., 1988.
"Dynamic Voluntary Provision Of Public Goods,"
21-88, Tel Aviv.
- Wirl, Franz, 1996. "Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods: Extension to nonlinear strategies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 555-560, November.
- Dockner, Engelbert J, 1992. "A Dynamic Theory of Conjectural Variations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 377-95, December.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & van Long, Ngo, 1998.
"Efficiency inducing taxation for polluting oligopolists,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 325-342, November.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 1997. "Efficiency Inducing Taxation for Polluting Oligopolists," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-21, CIRANO.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Dasgupta, Dipankar, 1995. "Dynamics, Consistent Conjectures, and Heterogeneous Agents in the Private Provision of Public Goods," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 50(3), pages 371-89.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521637329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karp, Larry, 1992. "Efficiency Inducing Tax for a Common Property Oligopoly," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 321-32, March.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Shimomura, Koji, 2001.
"A dynamic conjectural variations model in the private provision of public goods: a differential game approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 153-172, July.
- Jun-ichi Itaya & Koji Shimomura, 1999. "A Dynamic Conjectural Variations Model in the Private Provision of Public Goods: a Differential Game Approach," Discussion Paper Series 104, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Akihisa Shibata, 2002. "Strategic Interactions in a Growth Model with Infrastructure Capital," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 434-460, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jpbect:v:8:y:2006:i:1:p:171-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.