FOB or Uniform Delivered Prices: Strategic Choice and Welfare Effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmitt, N. & Eaton, B.C., 1992. "Endogenous Pricing Modes in Markets for Inputs," Discussion Papers dp92-13, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- H. W. Singer, 1937. "A Note on Spatial Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 75-77.
- Schuler, Richard E & Hobbs, Benjamin F, 1982. "Spatial Price Duopoly under Uniform Delivered Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 175-187, September.
- Martin J. Beckmann, 1976. "Spatial Price Policies Revisited," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 619-630, Autumn.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Vives, Xavier, 1988.
"On the Strategic Choice of Spatial Price Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 122-137, March.
- Thisse, J.-F. & Vives, X., 1987. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers 1987008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- THISSE, Jacques-François & VIVES, Xavier, 1988. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 793, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greenhut,Melvin L. & Norman,George & Hung,Chao-Shun, 1987. "The Economics of Imperfect Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521315647, March.
- AM Alvarez & EG Fidalgo & RJ Sexton & M Zhang, 2000. "Oligopsony power with uniform spatial pricing: theory and application to milk processing in Spain," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 347-364, September.
- Shilony, Yuval, 1977. "Mixed pricing in oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 373-388, April.
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, I: Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26.
- Balcer, Yves, 1983. "F.O.B. Pricing versus uniform delivered pricing: A welfare analysis in a stochastic environment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 54-73, June.
- Aguirre, Inaki & Espinosa, Maria Paz & Macho-Stadler, Ines, 1998. "Strategic entry deterrence through spatial price discrimination," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 297-314, May.
- Greenhut, Melvin L, 1981. "Spatial Pricing in the United States, West Germany and Japan," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 79-86, February.
- Anderson, Simon P & de Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989. "Spatial Price Policies Reconsidered," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 1-18, September.
- Anderson, S. & De Palma, A. & Thisse, J-F., 1989.
"Social Surplus And Profitability Under Different Spacial Pricing Policies,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1989010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & de PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1992. "Social surplus and profitability under different spatial pricing policies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1009, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greenhut,Melvin L. & Norman,George & Hung,Chao-Shun, 1987. "The Economics of Imperfect Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521305525, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sesmero, Juan P. & Balagtas, Joseph V., 2015. "Capacity constraint and spatial competition in agricultural markets," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205790, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fousekis, Panos, 2011. "Spatial Price Competition Between Cooperatives Under Hotelling â€“ Smithies Conjectures," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2), June.
- Gunther Maier, 2009. "Spatial prices, search behavior and location," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 27-48, March.
- Sesmero, Juan P. & Balagtas, Joseph V. & Pratt, Michelle, 2015. "The Economics of Spatial Competition for Corn Stover," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(3), August.
- Graubner, Marten & Balmann, Alfons, 2012. "Spatial Pricing on Land Rental Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125349, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blank, Steven C. & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2016. "Calf and Yearling Prices in the Western United States: Spatial, Quality, and Temporal Factors in Satellite Video Auctions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
- Sesmero, Juan & Balagtas, Joseph, 2016. "Spatial Competition and Welfare Ranking of Biofuel Policies," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236101, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zavelberg, Yvonne & Storm, Hugo, 2016. "Pricing behaviour of cooperatives and investor-owned dairies under spatial competition," Discussion Papers 250230, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005.
"The Impact of Transportation Costs on Spatial Competition of Grain Buyers: An Iowa Case Study,"
Journal of the Transportation Research Forum,
Transportation Research Forum, vol. 44(2).
- Carriquiry, Miguel & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005. "The Impact of Transportation Costs on Spatial Competition of Grain Buyers: An Iowa Case Study," ISU General Staff Papers 200501010800001567, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kumar, Ashutosh & Saha, Bibhas, 2008. "Spatial competition in a mixed duopoly with one partially nationalized firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 326-341, June.
- Zavelberg, Yvonne & Storm, Hugo, 2015. "Pricing behaviour of cooperatives and investor-owned dairies in a spatial market setting," 150th Seminar, October 22-23, 2015, Edinburgh, Scotland 212681, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:49:y:2001:i:2:p:197-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.