Fob Or Uniform Delivered Pricing: Strategic Choice And Welfare Effects
In most spatial markets, firms use either FOB or uniform delivered pricing, so the competitive factors motivating this choice and its welfare implications are important research questions. Prior work on duopoly using inelastic demands leads to biased results and our model on duopsony with elastic supply eliminates the bias.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenhut,Melvin L. & Norman,George & Hung,Chao-Shun, 1987. "The Economics of Imperfect Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521315647, December.
- Greenhut, Melvin L, 1981. "Spatial Pricing in the United States, West Germany and Japan," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 79-86, February.
- Anderson, Simon P & de Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989.
"Spatial Price Policies Reconsidered,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 1-18, September.
- Maria Paz Espinosa, 1992. "Delivered Pricing, FOB Pricing, and Collusion in Spatial Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 64-85, Spring.
- Schuler, Richard E & Hobbs, Benjamin F, 1982. "Spatial Price Duopoly under Uniform Delivered Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 175-187, September.
- Greenhut,Melvin L. & Norman,George & Hung,Chao-Shun, 1987. "The Economics of Imperfect Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521305525, December.
- Beckmann, Martin J. & Ingene, Charles A., 1976. "The profit equivalence of mill and uniform pricing policies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 327-329, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea99:21667. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.