Bank Branch Geographic Location Patterns in S pain: Some Implications for Financial Exclusion
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 43 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (09)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0017-4815|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi, 2010. "Specialization and risk sharing in European regions," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(5), pages 645-659, September.
- María Hierro & Adolfo Maza, 2010. "Per capita income convergence and internal migration in Spain: Are foreign-born migrants playing an important role?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 89-107, 03.
- Evanoff, Douglas D, 1988. "Branch Banking and Service Accessibility," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 191-202, May.
- Charles Okeahalam, 2009. "Bank Branch Location: a Count Analysis," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 275-300.
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime GÛmez, "undated". "Multipoint Competition, Mutual Forbearance and Entry into Geographic Markets," Studies on the Spanish Economy 127, FEDEA.
- Santiago Carbo Valverde & Rafael Lopez Del Paso & Francisco Rodriguez Fernandez, 2007. "Financial Innovations in Banking: Impact on Regional Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 311-326.
- Jeffery W. Gunther, 1997. "Geographic liberalization and the accessibility of banking services in rural areas," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, Diciembre.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Kochanowski, Paul S., 1990. "The Expansion Method as a Tool of Regional Analysis," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 20(2).
- Gilbert, Gary G, 1974. "Predicting De Novo Expansion in Bank Merger Cases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(1), pages 151-162, March.
- Quah, Danny T, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1045-1055, July.
- Quah, Danny, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," CEPR Discussion Papers 1355, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Philip E. Strahan, 1999. "What Drives Deregulation? Economics and Politics of the Relaxation of Bank Branching Restrictions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1437-1467.
- Seaver, William L. & Fraser, Donald R., 1979. "Branch Banking and the Availability of Banking Services in Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 153-160, March.
- Cristina Bernad & Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime GÃ³mez, 2008. "Deregulation and its Long-Run Effects on the Availability of Banking Services in Low-Income Communities," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(7), pages 1681-1696, July.
- Cristina Bernad & Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime Gómez, 2008. "Deregulation and its long-run effects on the availability of banking services in low-income communities," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(7), pages 1681-1696, July.
- A Leyshon & N Thrift, 1996. "Financial exclusion and the shifting boundaries of the financial system," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(7), pages 1150-1156, July.
- Yannis Bilias & Roger Koenker, 2001. "Quantile regression for duration data: A reappraisal of the Pennsylvania Reemployment Bonus Experiments," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 199-220.
- E Casetti, 1991. "The Investigation of Parameter Drift by Expanded Regressions: Generalities, and a â€˜Family-Planningâ€™ Example," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(7), pages 1045-1061, July.
- Alex Coad & Werner Hölzl, 2009. "On the Autocorrelation of Growth Rates," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 139-166, June.
- Felix Rioja & Neven Valev, 2004. "Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Neven Valev & Felix Rioja, 2002. "Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0217, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Brendan M. Cunningham, 2003. "The Distributional Heterogeneity of Growth Effects: Some Evidence," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(4), pages 417-447, 07.
- de Juan, Rebeca, 2003. "The independent submarkets model: an application to the Spanish retail banking market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1461-1487, December.
- Barro, Robert T. & Sala-I-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Regional growth and migration: A Japan-United States comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 312-346, December.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Rebeca Juan, 2008. "Competition in Local Markets: Some Evidence from the Spanish Retail Banking Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 145-162, March.
- Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley, 1996. "The effect of the bank regulatory environment on state economic activity," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 531-541, August.
- Freeman, Donald G., 2002. "Did state bank branching deregulation produce large growth effects?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 383-389, May.
- Hannan, Timothy H & McDowell, John M, 1987. "Rival Precedence and the Dynamics of Technology Adoption: An Empirical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(214), pages 155-171, May.
- Danny Quah, 1996. "Twin Peaks: Growth and Convergence in Models of Distribution Dynamics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0280, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Evren Damar, H., 2007. "Does post-crisis restructuring decrease the availability of banking services? The case of Turkey," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2886-2905, September.
- J S Pollard, 1996. "Banking at the margins: a geography of financial exclusion in Los Angeles," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(7), pages 1209-1232, July.
- J S Pollard, 1996. "Banking at the Margins: A Geography of Financial Exclusion in Los Angeles," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 28(7), pages 1209-1232, July.
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime Gomez, 2001. "Strategic and Queue effects on Entry in Spanish Banking," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 529-563, December.
- Shioji, Etsuro, 2001. "Composition Effect of Migration and Regional Growth in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-49, March.
- Rioja, Felix & Valev, Neven, 2004. "Does one size fit all?: a reexamination of the finance and growth relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 429-447, August.
- Lanzillotti, R F & Saving, Thomas R, 1969. "State Branching Restrictions and the Availability of Branching Services: A Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 778-788, November.
- Manuel Illueca & José Pastor & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2009. "The effects of geographic expansion on the productivity of Spanish savings banks," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 119-143, October.
- Stein Østbye & Olle Westerlund, 2007. "Is Migration Important for Regional Convergence? Comparative Evidence for Norwegian and Swedish Counties, 1980-2000," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(7), pages 901-915. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:43:y:2012:i:3:p:505-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.