The Demise of Distance? The Declining Role of Physical Proximity for Knowledge Transmission
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
NBER Working Papers
8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," Papers 2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1996. "Flows of Knowledge from Universities and Federal Labs: Modeling the Flowof Patent Citations Over Time and Across Institutional and Geographic Boundari," NBER Working Papers 5712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2000. "Scale Economies and the Geographic Concentration of Industry," NBER Working Papers 8013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riccardo Cappelli & Fabio Montobbio, 2016.
"European Integration and Knowledge Flows across European Regions,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 709-727, April.
- Cappelli, Riccardo & Montobbio, Fabio, 2013. "European Integration and Knowledge Flows across European Regions," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201309, University of Turin.
- Cappelli, Riccardo & Montobbio, Fabio, 2013. "European Integration and Knowledge Flows across European Regions," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201322, University of Turin.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne & Fadairo, Muriel & Massard, Nadine, 2013.
"Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 196-210.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Muriel Fadairo & Nadine Massard, 2010. "Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence," Working Papers 1010, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Muriel Fadairo & Nadine Massard, 2013. "Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence," Post-Print halshs-00756466, HAL.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Muriel Fadairo, 2010. "Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence," Post-Print halshs-00491062, HAL.
- Daniels, Bryce & Johnson, Daniel K.N., 2019. "More where that came from: Induced innovation in the american oil and gas sectors," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Piergiuseppe Morone & Angela Frasca, 2007. "Innovazione, network di imprese e conoscenza: quale ruolo per la geographical proximity?," Quaderni DSEMS 04-2007, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Eckey, Hans-Friedrich & Türck, Matthias, 2007. "Convergence of EU-Regions. A Literature Report," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 10, pages 5-32.
- Motoyama, Yasuyuki & Cao, Cong & Appelbaum, Richard, 2014. "Observing regional divergence of Chinese nanotechnology centers," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 11-21.
- Marina van Geenhuizen & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "Knowledge Virtualization and Local Connectedness among Smart High-tech Companies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-119/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Rebecca Steffenson, 2008. "Universities, knowledge networks and regional policy," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(2), pages 321-340.
- Edward J. Malecki, 2010. "Everywhere? The Geography Of Knowledge," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 493-513, February.
- Grözinger, Nicola & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Laske, Katharina & Schröder, Marina, 2020. "Innovation and Communication Media in Virtual Teams – An Experimental Study," IZA Discussion Papers 13218, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anne Aguiléra & Virginie Lethiais, 2016. "Explaining the Relative Frequency of Face-to-face Meetings in Cooperative Relationships among Companies: An Econometric Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 218-235, June.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston, 2009. "Knowledge Networks in an Uncompetitive Region: SME Innovation and Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 227-259, June.
- Sidonia Proff & Anja Dettmann, 2013. "Inventor collaboration over distance: a comparison of academic and corporate patents," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 94(3), pages 1217-1238, March.
- Powell, Walter W. & Giannella, Eric, 2010. "Collective Invention and Inventor Networks," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 575-605, Elsevier.
- Qiantao Zhang & Niall G. MacKenzie & Dylan Jones-Evans & Robert Huggins, 2016. "Leveraging knowledge as a competitive asset? The intensity, performance and structure of universities’ entrepreneurial knowledge exchange activities at a regional level," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 657-675, October.
- Aju J. Fenn & Daniel K. N. Johnson & Mark Griffin Smith & J. L. Stimpert, 2010. "Doing Publishable Research with Undergraduate Students," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 259-274, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:37:y:2006:i:1:p:19-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.