The Remuneration Committee and Strategic Human Resource Management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Brian J. & Murphy, Kevin J., 2002. "Stock options for undiversified executives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-42, February.
- Brian J. Hall & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1998. "Are CEOs Really Paid Like Bureaucrats?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 653-691.
- Lars Oxelheim & Trond Randøy, 2005. "The Anglo-American financial influence on CEO compensation in non-Anglo-American firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(4), pages 470-483, July.
- Core, John & Guay, Wayne, 1999. "The use of equity grants to manage optimal equity incentive levels," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 151-184, December.
- Stephen J. Perkins & Chris Hendry, 2005. "Ordering Top Pay: Interpreting the Signals," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1443-1468, November.
- Laura F. Spira & Ruth Bender, 2004. "Compare and Contrast: perspectives on board committees," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 489-499, October.
- Ruth Bender, 2003. "How Executive Directors' Remuneration is Determined in Two FTSE 350 Utilities," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 206-217, July.
- Conyon, Martin J & Murphy, Kevin J, 2000. "The Prince and the Pauper? CEO Pay in the United States and United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(467), pages 640-671, November.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Annie Pye, 2002. "The Changing Power of 'Explanations': Directors, Academics and Their Sensemaking from 1989 to 2000," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(7), pages 907-925, November.
- Garen, John E, 1994. "Executive Compensation and Principal-Agent Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1175-1199, December.
- Ernst Fehr & John A. List, 2004.
"The Hidden Costs and Returns of Incentives-Trust and Trustworthiness Among CEOs,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 743-771, September.
- E. Fehr & John A. List, "undated". "The Hidden Costs and Returns of Incentives - Trust and Trustworthiness among CEOs," IEW - Working Papers 134, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & John A. List, 2004. "THE HIDDEN COSTS AND RETURNS OF INCENTIVES — TRUST AND TRUSTWORTHINESS AMONG CEOs," Labor and Demography 0409012, EconWPA.
- Ernst Fehr & John List, 2004. "The hidden costs and returns of incentives - trust and trustworthiness among ceos," Artefactual Field Experiments 00044, The Field Experiments Website.
- Alistair Bruce & Trevor Buck & Brian G. M. Main, 2005. "Top Executive Remuneration: A View from Europe," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1493-1506, November.
- Iain MacNeil & Xiao Li, 2006. ""Comply or Explain": market discipline and non-compliance with the Combined Code," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 486-496, September.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-264, April.
- Robert Gibbons, 2005. "Incentives Between Firms (and Within)," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 2-17, January.
- Charkham, Jonathan & Simpson, Anne, 1999. "Fair Shares: The Future of Shareholder Power and Responsibility," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292142.
- Oliver E. Williamson & Michael L. Wachter & Jeffrey E. Harris, 1975. "Understanding the Employment Relation: The Analysis of Idiosyncratic Exchange," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 250-278, Spring.
- Ruth Bender, 2004. "Why Do Companies Use Performance-Related Pay for Their Executive Directors?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 521-533, October.
- Ruth Bender, 2007. "Onwards and Upwards: why companies change their executive remuneration schemes, and why this leads to increases in pay," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 709-723, September.
- John Core, 2002. "Estimating the Value of Employee Stock Option Portfolios and Their Sensitivities to Price and Volatility," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 613-630, June.
- Ruth Bender & Lance Moir, 2006. "Does â€˜Best Practiceâ€™ in Setting Executive Pay in the UK Encourage â€˜Goodâ€™ Behaviour?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 75-91, August.
- Paul Collier & Mahbub Zaman, 2005. "Convergence in European Corporate Governance: the audit committee concept," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 753-768, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Job Borrenbergs & Rui Vieira & Georgios Georgakopoulos, 2017. "Remuneration Committees’ Gender Composition as a Determinant of Executive Board Compensation Structure," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(2), pages 135-146, February.
- Brandau, Michael & Endenich, Christoph & Trapp, Rouven & Hoffjan, Andreas, 2013.
"Institutional drivers of conformity – Evidence for management accounting from Brazil and Germany,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 466-479.
- M. Brandau & A. Hoffjan & R. Trapp & Chr. Endenich, 2013. "Institutional Drivers of Conformity - Evidence for Management Accounting from Brazil and Germany," Post-Print hal-00787923, HAL.
- Zavyalova, E.K. & Kosheleva, S.V. & Alsufyev, A.I. & Tsybova, V.S. & Kucherov, D.G., 2015. "Innovative human resource management practices in Indian IT companies," Working Papers 6429, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:corgov:v:16:y:2008:i:3:p:225-238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.