The Anglo-American financial influence on CEO compensation in non-Anglo-American firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hermes, Cornelis & Oxelheim, L. & Randoy, Trond & Hooghiemstra, Reginald, 2015.
"The impact of board internationalization on earnings management,"
15010-I&O, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hooghiemstra, Reggy & Hermes, Niels & Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond, 2015. "The Impact of Board Internationalization on Earnings Management," Working Paper Series 1096, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lars Oxelheim & Kevin Clarkson, 2015. "Cronyism and the Determinants of Chairman Compensation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 69-87, September.
- Brian G. M. Main & Calvin Jackson & John Pymm & Vicky Wright, 2008. "The Remuneration Committee and Strategic Human Resource Management," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 225-238, May.
- Gerwin Laan & Hans Ees & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2010. "Is pay related to performance in The Netherlands? An analysis of Dutch executive compensation, 2002–2006," De Economist, Springer, vol. 158(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Paul B. McGuinness, 2016. "Post-IPO performance and its association with subscription cascades and issuers’ strategic-political importance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 291-333, February.
- Gibson Hosea Munisi & Roy Mersland, 2016.
"Ownership, Board Compensation and Company Performance in Sub-Saharan African Countries,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 15(2), pages 191-224, August.
- Gibson Hosea Munisi & Roy Mersland, 2013. "Ownership, board compensation and company performance in sub-Saharan African countries," Working Papers CEB 13-041, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9359-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Lam, Kevin C.K. & McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo, 2013. "CEO gender, executive compensation and firm performance in Chinese‐listed enterprises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1136-1159.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2014. "Institutional impact on the expropriation of private benefits of control in North Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-23.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:7:y:2017:i:4:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lars Oxelheim & Trond Randøy & Arthur Stonehill, 2012.
"What can international finance add to international strategy?,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on International Strategic Management, chapter 12, pages 238-253
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond & Stonehill, Arthur, 2011. "What Can International Finance Add to International Strategy?," Working Paper Series 888, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Vaaler, Paul M. & Schrage, Burkhard N., 2006. "Legal System and Rule of Law Effects on US Cross-Listing to Bond by Emerging-Market Firms," Working Papers 06-0126, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- repec:spr:manint:v:53:y:2013:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0175-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dauth, Tobias & Pronobis, Paul & Schmid, Stefan, 2017. "Exploring the link between internationalization of top management and accounting quality: The CFO’s international experience matters," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 71-88.
- Schmid, Stefan & Dauth, Tobias, 2014. "Does internationalization make a difference? Stock market reaction to announcements of international top executive appointments," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 63-77.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2013. "The impact of board governance on director compensation in West African IPO firms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 82-104.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond, 2013.
"Globalization of monitoring practices: The case of American influences on the dismissal risk of European CEOs,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 3-15.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond, 2013. "Globalization of Monitoring Practices: The Case of American Influences on the Dismissal Risk of European CEOs," Working Paper Series 958, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Hsin-Hui Chiu & Lars Oxelheim & Clas Wihlborg & Jianhua Zhang, 2016. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations as Sources of Luck in CEO Compensation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 371-384, June.
- Hüttenbrink, Alexander & Oehmichen, Jana & Rapp, Marc Steffen & Wolff, Michael, 2014. "Pay-for-performance – Does one size fit all? A multi-country study of Europe and the United States," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1179-1192.
- Mallin, Chris & Melis, Andrea & Gaia, Silvia, 2015. "The remuneration of independent directors in the UK and Italy: An empirical analysis based on agency theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 175-186.
- McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo & Wang, Mingzhu, 2017. "The role of board gender and foreign ownership in the CSR performance of Chinese listed firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 75-99.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Lu, Jiangyong & Chizema, Amon, 2014. "Top executive compensation, regional institutions and Chinese OFDI," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 143-155.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:5:p:991-1008 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:36:y:2005:i:4:p:470-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.