Methodological Approach for Evaluation ff Investment Behavior of Farmers in Different Development Scenarios
Methodological instruments are presented for analysis of the impact of the Common agricultural policy (CAP) on investment behavior of farms for a long-term period based on the direct payments for a unit of area. To achieve the set aim a methodology is proposed which will be used to conduct an ex-ante analysis of investment behavior of farmers towards unfavorable rural areas which are grouped in several types of farms. Scenarios are developed to measure the impact of the CAP on investment behavior of producers in Bulgarian agriculture. The analysis of farmers’ investment behavior and the evaluation of the impact of different CAP scenarios will assist for revealing the relations between the goals of the policy and the behavior of farmers.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3, Aksakov Str., 1040, Sofia|
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael T. Wallace & Joan E. Moss, 2002. "Farmer Decision-Making with Conflicting Goals: A Recursive Strategic Programming Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 82-100.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra, 2005. "Another Look at Decoupling: Additional Evidence on the Production Effects of Direct Payments," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1200-1210.
- Eli Feinerman & Jack Peerlings, 2005. "Uncertain Land Availability and Investment Decisions: The Case of Dutch Dairy Farms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 59-80.
- Kathrin Happe, 2005. "Agricultural policies and farm structures - agent-based simulation and application to EU-policy reform," Others 0504011, EconWPA.
- Carl Johan Lagerkvist, 2005. "Agricultural policy uncertainty and farm level adjustments--the case of direct payments and incentives for farmland investment," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Paolo Sckokai & Daniele Moro, 2006. "Modeling the Reforms of the Common Agricultural Policy for Arable Crops under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 43-56.