Estimating The Value Of The 0/92 Reduced Planting Alternatives Of The 1985 Farm Bill For Farm Program Paticipants
The 50/92 and 0/92 reduced planting alternatives of the 1985 farm bill allow farm program participants more flexibility in making production decisions. Specifically, these provisions relax the incentive to produce inherent in earlier commodity programs that linked deficiency payments directly to harvested acreage. This study examined the value of this additional decision flexibility for crop producers in the Blacklands of Central Texas. The results suggest that the reduced planting alternatives would not be used by, and have no value for risk neutral producers, but have substantial value for risk averse producers who would reduce planted acreage in years when yield expectations are low.
Volume (Year): 22 (1990)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Byerlee, Derek R. & Anderson, Jock R., 1969.
"Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(02), December.
- Derek R. Byerlee & Jock R. Anderson, 1969. "Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(2), pages 118-127, December.
- Love, Ross O. & Robison, Lindon J., 1984.
"An Empirical Analysis Of The Intertemporal Stability Of Risk Preference,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Love, Ross O. & Robison, Lindon J., 1982. "An Empirical Analysis of the Intertemporal Stability of Risk Preferences," Staff Papers 200660, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:30010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.