Decomposition Analysis Of Factor Cost Shares: The Case Of Greek Agriculture
An alternative version of decomposition analysis, based on factor cost shares rather than input demand functions, is presented and applied to Greek agriculture. Decomposition analysis shows that most of the changes in factor cost shares during the period from 1973 to 1989 are attributed to technical change and factor substitution, while the role of the scale effect is small, except that of fertilizer. The decomposition analysis results are then used to analyze the implications of Greece's fertilizer and feed subsidy removal, which took place in 1990.
Volume (Year): 28 (1996)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D., 1994.
"Autocorrelation Specification in Singular Equation Systems,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
11134, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Moro, Daniele, 1994. "Autocorrelation specification in singular equation systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 303-309, December.
- Andreas A. Andrikopoulos & James A. Brox, 1992. "Cost Structure, Interfactor Substitution and Complementarity, and Efficiency in the Canadian Agricultural Sector," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 40(2), pages 253-269, 07.
- Diewert, W. E. & Wales, T. J., 1995. "Flexible functional forms and tests of homogeneous separability," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 259-302, June.
- McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Okunade, Albert Ade., 1988.
"Factor Demands Of Louisiana Rice Producers: An Econometric Investigation,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
- McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Okunade, Albert Ade., 1988. "Factor Demands of Louisiana Rice Producers: An Econometric Investigation," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 127-136, December.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1979. "On the Choice of Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 449-458, June.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Mergos, George J & Yotopoulos, Pan A, 1988. "Demand for Feed Inputs in the Greek Livestock Sector," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 1-17.
- repec:ubc:bricol:92-13 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.