Developing Effective Marketing Strategies for Agritourism: Targeting Visitor Segments
In Colorado, agritourism shows the potential to benefit agricultural producers and rural communities by generating additional income from consumers who are willing to pay for rural and agriculturally related experiences. This study uses a survey of Colorado agritourists to identify five distinct groups of visitors using demographics, attitudes, expenditures, and activity types. The visitor clusters are significantly different when considering types of travel planning and transportation, agritourism participation, and importance of agritourism to the travel partyâ€™s visit, among other behaviors. We conclude with a discussion of the marketing and joint planning implications for agritourism providers, the tourism industry, and Colorado communities.
Volume (Year): ()
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.agecon.uga.edu/~jab/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Wohlgenant, Michael K. & Boonsaeng, Tullaya, 2006.
"The Demand for Agritourism in the United States,"
2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida
35445, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Wilson, Joshua B. & Thilmany, Dawn & Watson, Philip, 2006. "The Role of Agritourism in Western States: Place-Specific and Policy Factors Influencing Recreational Income for Producers," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 381-99.
- Anat Tchetchik & Aliza Fleischer & Israel Finkelshtain, 2008. "Differentiation and Synergies in Rural Tourism: Estimation and Simulation of the Israeli Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 553-570.
- Gascoigne, William & Sullins, Martha & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2008. "Agritourism in the West: Exploring the Behavior of Colorado Farm and Ranch Visitors," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02).
- Tchetchik, Anat & Fleischer, Aliza & Finkelshtain, Israel, 2008. "AJAE Appendix: Differentiation and Synergies in Rural Tourism: Estimation and Simulation of the Israeli Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jloagb:131366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.