The Demand for Agritourism in the United States
Data from a 2000 National Survey on Recreation is used to determine the effect of different factors affecting customers' decisions to participate in agritourism. The estimates of the own price and income elasticities are -0.13 and 0.06, respectively. The total consumer surplus from the agricultural landscape was estimated in 22 billion dollars.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arthur Lewbel, 2004.
"Estimation of Average Treatment Effects With Misclassification,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
210, Econometric Society.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2007. "Estimation of Average Treatment Effects with Misclassification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(2), pages 537-551, 03.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2003. "Estimation of Average Treatment Effects With Misclassification," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 556, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Sep 2006.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761 Elsevier.
- Terza, Joseph V., 1998. "Estimating count data models with endogenous switching: Sample selection and endogenous treatment effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 129-154, May.
- Anat Tchetchik & Aliza Fleischer & Israel Finkelshtain, 2008. "Differentiation and Synergies in Rural Tourism: Estimation and Simulation of the Israeli Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 553-570.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Irwin, Elena G. & Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Libby, Lawrence W., 2003. "What are Farmland Amenities Worth?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(3).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.