An Empirical Analysis of Market Integration and Efficiency for U.S. Fresh Tomato Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Officer, Lawrence H., 1986. "The law of one price cannot be rejected: Two tests based on the tradable/nontradable price ratio," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-182.
- Calvin, Linda & Cook, Roberta L. & Denbaly, Mark & Dimitri, Carolyn & Glaser, Lewrene K. & Handy, Charles R. & Jekanowski, Mark D. & Kaufman, Phillip R. & Krissoff, Barry & Thompson, Gary D. & Thornsb, 2001. "U.S. Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Marketing: Emerging Trade Practices, Trends, and Issues," Agricultural Economics Reports 33915, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Dragan Miljkovic, 1999. "The Law of One Price in International Trade: A Critical Review," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 126-139.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Li, Jau-Rong & Bailey, DeeVon, 2000.
"Factor And Product Market Tradability And Equilibrium In Pacific Rim Pork Industries,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Li, Jau-Rong & Bailey, DeeVon, 1999. "Factor and Product Market Tradability and Equilibrium in Pacific Rim Pork Industries," Working Papers 127696, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Spiller, Pablo T. & Wood, Robert O., 1988. "The estimation of transaction costs in arbitrage models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 309-326, November.
- Kaufman, Phillip R. & Handy, Charles R. & McLaughlin, Edward W. & Park, Kristen & Green, Geoffrey M., 2000. "Understanding The Dynamics Of Produce Markets: Consumption And Consolidation Grow," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33747, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Bob Baulch, 1997. "Transfer Costs, Spatial Arbitrage, and Testing for Food Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 477-487.
- Richard J. Sexton & Catherine L. Kling & Hoy F. Carman, 1991.
"Market Integration, Efficiency of Arbitrage, and Imperfect Competition: Methodology and Application to U.S. Celery,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 568-580.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Sexton, Richard & Carman, Hoy, 1991. "Market Integration, Efficiency of Arbitrage, and Imperfect Competition: Methodology and Application to U.S. Celery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1609, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Spiller, Pablo T & Huang, Cliff J, 1986. "On the Extent of the Market: Wholesale Gasoline in the Northeastern United States," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 131-145, December.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 2001. "Measuring Integration and Efficiency in International Agricultural Markets," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(1), pages 19-32.
- Gary D. Thompson & Paul N. Wilson, 1997. "The organizational structure of the North American fresh tomato market: Implications for seasonal trade disputes," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 533-547.
- Padilla-Bernal, Luz E. & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2003. "Price Relationships Among North American Fresh Tomato Markets: A Comparison Between Mexican And U.S. Markets," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(03).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amikuzuno, Joseph, 2011. "Border Effects on Spatial Price Transmission between Fresh Tomato Markets in Ghana and Burkina-Faso: Any Case for Promoting Trans-border Trade in West Africa?," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108943, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Amikuzuno, Joseph & Ihle, Rico, 2010. "Seasonal Asymmetric Price Transmission in Ghanaian Tomato Markets: Adapting Johansen’s Estimation Method," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96814, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Fabio Gaetano Santeramo, 2015.
"Price Transmission in the European Tomatoes and Cauliflowers Sectors,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 399-413, June.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano, 2012. "Price transmission in the European tomatoes and cauliflowers sectors," MPRA Paper 62180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rico Ihle & Joseph Amikuzuno, 2010. "Assessing Seasonal Asymmetric Price Transmission in Ghanaian Tomato Markets With the Johansen Estimation Method," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 53, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Jason H. Grant & Dayton M. Lambert & Kenneth A. Foster, 2010. "A Seasonal Inverse Almost Ideal Demand System for North American Fresh Tomatoes," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(2), pages 215-234, June.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:123-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santeramo, Fabio G. & Cioffi, Antonio, 2010.
"Spatial price dynamics in the EU F&V sector: the cases of tomato and cauliflower,"
116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy
95228, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Cioffi, Antonio, 2010. "Spatial price dynamics in the EU F&V sector: the cases of tomato and cauliflower," MPRA Paper 24930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grant, Jason H. & Foster, Kenneth A., 2005. "An Inverse Almost Ideal Demand System of Fresh Tomatoes in the U.S," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19193, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hache, E. & Massol, O., 2016. "Sanctions against Iran: An assessment of their global impact through the lens of international methanol prices," Working Papers 14973, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Amikuzuno, Joseph, 2011. "Border effects on spatial price transmission between fresh tomato markets in Ghana and Burkina-Faso: Any case for promoting trans-border trade in West Africa?," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 9, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
More about this item
Keywordsmarket integration; North American tomato trade; spatial analysis; tomato markets; Industrial Organization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:31061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.