Factors Affecting Profitability Of Small Scale Farming In Southern Trinidad & Tobago
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Awoyemi Timothy & Adetola Adeoti, 2006. "Gender Inequalities and Economic Efficiency: New Evidence from Cassava‐based Farm Holdings in Rural South‐western Nigeria," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 18(3), pages 428-443.
- Richard J. Sexton, 2000. "Industrialization and Consolidation in the U.S. Food Sector: Implications for Competition and Welfare," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1087-1104.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Scalco, Paulo R. & Braga, Marcelo J., 2015. "Identification of Market Power in Bilateral Oligopoly: The Brazilian Wholesale Market of UHT Milk," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212278, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jan Schiefer & Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013. "Industry, firm, year and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Studies in Economics 1309, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Wilcox, Michael D. & Abbott, Philip C., 2004. "Market Power and Structural Adjustment: The Case of West African Cocoa Market Liberalization," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20084, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Menkhaus, Dale J. & Phillips, Owen R. & Bastian, Christopher T. & Gittings, Lance B., 2004. "Matching And Inventory Loss Risks As Facilitators Of Market Power In Private Negotiation Spot Trading," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20212, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Oyewale, Peter Oluwaseun, 2019. "Gender Inequality and its Implications on Economic Development of South Western Nigeria," International Journal of Publication and Social Studies, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(2), pages 48-55, June.
- Meilin Ma & Richard J. Sexton, 2021. "Modern agricultural value chains and the future of smallholder farming systems," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 591-606, July.
- Perekhozhuk, O. & Grings, M., 2008.
"Ökonometrische Analyse von Marktmacht auf dem ukrainischen Markt für Rohmilch,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 43, March.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Grings, Michael, 2007. "Okonometrische Analyse Von Marktmacht Auf Dem Ukrainischen Markt Fur Rohmilch," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7597, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Chanjin Chung & Seongjin Park & Jungmin Lee, 2018. "Estimating bilateral market power of processors and retailers in the U.S. beef industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(4), pages 771-792, October.
- Alan Barkema & Mark Drabenstott & Nancy Novack, 2001. "The new U.S. meat industry," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 86(Q II), pages 33-56.
- Dries Maes & Mark Vancauteren & Steven Van Passel, 2019. "Investigating market power in the Belgian porkproduction chain," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 100(1-4), pages 93-117.
- David M. McEvoy & Sylvia Brandt & Sven Anders, 2009.
"The Effects of ITQ Management on Fishermen’s Welfare When the Processing Sector Is Imperfectly Competitive,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(3), pages 470-484.
- David M. McEvoy & Sylvia Brandt & Nathalie Lavoie & Sven Anders, 2007. "The Effects of ITQ Management on Fishermen’s Welfare When the Processing Sector is Imperfectly Competitive," Working Papers 2007-3, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- McEvoy, David M. & Brandt, Sylvia J. & Lavoie, Nathalie & Anders, Sven M., 2007. "The Effects of ITQ Management on Fishermen’s Welfare When the Processing Sector is Imperfectly Competitive," Working Paper Series 7389, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Nwachukwu Nwachukwu & J. C. Nwaru & C. Paveliucâ€“Olariu, 2011. "Measuring the Degree of Market Power in the Export Demand for Nigerian Cocoa: An Analysis of Dutch Market," Journal of Social and Development Sciences, AMH International, vol. 2(3), pages 94-103.
- Ramon Fauli-Oller & Joel Sandonis, 2016. "Welfare Effects Of Downstream Mergers And Upstream Market Concentration," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(05), pages 1-16, December.
- Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Grings, Michael, 2007. "Econometric Analysis Of Market Power On The Ukrainian Market For Raw Milk," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7575, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Koppenberg, Maximilian & Hirsch, Stefan, 2020. "Comparing methods for markup estimation with an application to EU food retailing," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304272, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Andrew D. Bugg, 2005. "The Livestock Mandatory Reporting Act: Has Information Pooling Led to Anticompetitive Behaviour in the US Beef Industry?," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2005-06, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Paul N. Wilson & Gary D. Thompson, 2003.
"Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure for Competitive Advantage,"
Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 30-43.
- Paul N. Wilson & Gary D. Thompson, 2003. "Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure for Competitive Advantage," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 30-43.
- Wilson, Paul N. & Thompson, Gary D., 2001. "Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure For Competitive Advantage," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36100, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cheryl Doss, 2015.
"Women and Agricultural Productivity: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?,"
1051, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Doss, Cheryl, 2015. "Women and Agricultural Productivity: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Center Discussion Papers 212153, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Federica Di Marcantonio & Pavel Ciaian & Vicente Castellanos, 2018. "Unfair trading practices in the dairy farm sector: Evidence from selected EU regions," JRC Working Papers JRC112770, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Inbae Ji & Chanjin Chung & Jungmin Lee, 2017. "Measuring Oligopsony Power in the U.S. Cattle Procurement Market: Packer Concentration, Cattle Cycle, and Seasonality," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 16-29, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; Crop Production/Industries; Productivity Analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ijfaec:186263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iiaaktr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iiaaktr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.