Potential Economic Impact of Biofortified Maize in the Indian Poultry Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pomp, Marc & Burger, Kees, 1995. "Innovation and imitation: Adoption of cocoa by Indonesian smallholders," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 423-431, March.
- Masuda, Tadayoshi & Goldsmith, Peter D., 2009. "World Soybean Production: Area Harvested, Yield, and Long-Term Projections," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 12(4).
- Bharat Ramaswami & Pratap Singh Birthal & P.K. Joshi, 2005.
"Efficiency and distribution in contract farming:The case of Indian poultry growers,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
05-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Ramaswami, Bharat & Birthal, Pratap Singh & Joshi, P.K., 2006. "Efficiency and distribution in contract farming: the case of Indian poultry growers," MTID discussion papers 91, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Miguel A. López-Pereira, 1993. "Economics of quality protein maize as a feedstuff," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(6), pages 557-568.
- William W. Wilson & Bruce L. Dahl, 2011.
"Grain contracting strategies: the case of durum wheat,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 344-359, June.
- Wilson, William W. & Dahl, Bruce L., 2009. "Grain Contracting Strategies: The Case of Durum Wheat," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 55119, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Arndt, Heinz W., 1988. ""Market failure" and underdevelopment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 219-229, February.
- Janzen, Edward L. & Wilson, William W., 2002. "Cooperative Marketing In Specialty Grains And Identity Preserved Grain Markets," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23558, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Darroch, Mark A.G. & Akridge, Jay T. & Boehlje, Michael, 2002. "Capturing Value In The Supply Chain: The Case Of High Oleic Acid Soybeans," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(01).
- Marsh, John M., 2007. "Cross-Sector Relationships Between the Corn Feed Grains and Livestock and Poultry Economies," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- John Miranowski & Helen H. Jensen & S. Patricia Batres-Marquez & Ariun Ishdorj, 2004. "Product Differentiation and Segregation in Agricultural Systems: Non-Genetically Modified and Specialty Corn and Soybean Crops in Iowa," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp354, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Miguel Carriquiry & Bruce A. Babcock, 2002. "Can Spot and Contract Markets Co-Exist in Agriculture?," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 02-wp311, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Brian Roe & Ian Sheldon, 2007. "Credence Good Labeling: The Efficiency and Distributional Implications of Several Policy Approaches," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(4), pages 1020-1033.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Information Asymmetry and Economic Concentration: The case of hens and eggs in eastern Indonesia," Working Papers 03-21, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & Erenstein, Olaf & BÃ¶ber, Christian & Krishna, Vijesh V., 0. "Adoption and Outcomes of Hybrid Maize in the Marginal Areas of India," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 54.
- Hellin, Jon & Krishna, Vijesh & Erenstein, Olaf & Boeber, Christian, 2015. "Indiaâ€™s Poultry Revolution: Implications for its Sustenance and the Global Poultry Trade," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(A).
More about this item
Keywordsbiofortification; credence good; feed cost; optimization; quality protein; Agribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis; Financial Economics; Food Security and Poverty; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Development; Land Economics/Use; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Q16; O32; C61;
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:188712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifamaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.