The Complexities of the Interface between Agricultural Policy and Trade
Tariff and non-tariff barriers are widespread as applied to agricultural trade. The theory of gains from trade considers the impacts of free trade relative to no trade and to non-tariff barriers, while the theory of agricultural policy generally places little weight on the international trading sector. However, it is necessary to combine agricultural policy with the international trading sector so that agricultural policy instruments such as price supports are considered together with barriers to trade such as tariffs. This is possible within the context of welfare economics when considering the costs and benefits of alternative agricultural and trade policies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Suite 820, 410 22nd Street East, Saskatoon SK, S7K 5T6|
Phone: (306) 244-4800
Fax: (306) 244-7839
Web page: http://www.esteycentre.com/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmitz, Andrew & Schmitz, Troy G. & Seale, James L., Jr., 2004. "The Optimal Processor Tariff Under the Byrd Amendment," Technical Papers 15638, University of Florida, International Agricultural Trade and Policy Center.
- Hochman, Gal & Sexton, Steven & Zilberman, David D., 2010.
"The Economics of Trade, Biofuel, and the Environment,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt5h03r349, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hochman, Gal & Sexton, Steven E. & Zilberman, David D., 2010. "The economics of trade, biofuel, and the environment," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1100, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Schmitz Andrew & Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Troy G., 2007. "Ethanol: No Free Lunch," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-28, December.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hayes, Dermot J., 2009.
"The impact of ethanol production on US and regional gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3227-3234, August.
- Xiaodong Du & Dermot J. Hayes, 2008. "Impact of Ethanol Production on U.S. and Regional Gasoline Prices and on the Profitability of the U.S. Oil Refinery Industry, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp467, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "The Impact of Ethanol Production on U.S. And Regional Gasoline Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- James Vercammen & Andrew Schmitz, 1992. "Supply Management and Import Concessions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 957-71, November.
- Schmitz, Andrew & Schmitz, Troy G., 2010. "Benefit-Cost Analysis: Distributional Considerations under Producer Quota Buyouts," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 1-15, July.
- Schmitz Andrew & Schmitz Troy G., 2010. "Benefit-Cost Analysis: Distributional Considerations under Producer Quota Buyouts," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ecjilt:120424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.