Efficiency and Farm Size in Philippine Aquaculture. Analysis in a Ray Production Frontier Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lothgren, Mickael, 1997. "Generalized stochastic frontier production models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 255-259, December.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman, 2000. "Technical efficiency of European railways: a distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1967-1976.
- Shawna Grosskopf & Kathy J. Hayes & Lori L. Taylor & William L. Weber, 1997.
"Budget-Constrained Frontier Measures Of Fiscal Equality And Efficiency In Schooling,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 116-124, February.
- Shawna Grosskopf & Kathy J. Hayes & Lori L. Taylor, 1992. "Budget constrained frontier measures of fiscal equality and efficiency in schooling," Working Papers 9206, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Grosskopf, S. & Hayes, K. & Taylor, L. & Weber, W., 1992. "Budget Constrained Frontier Measures of Fiscal Equality and Efficiency in Schooling," Working Paper Series 335, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Primavera, J. H., 2000. "Development and conservation of Philippine mangroves: institutional issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 91-106, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Löthgren, Mickael, 1996. "Generalized Stochastic Frontier Production Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 149, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 03 Sep 1997.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Warren E. Johnston & Gerald A. G. Frengley, 2000. "Efficiency in New Zealand Sheep and Beef Farming: The Impacts of Regulatory Reform," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 325-337, May.
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non‐parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626, November.
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan‐Kang, 2005.
"Is small beautiful? Farm size, productivity, and poverty in Asian agriculture,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 135-146, January.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2003. "Is Small Beautiful? Farm Size, Productivity, and Poverty in Asian Agriculture," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-286, July.
- Raghbendra Jha & Puneet Chitkara & Santanu Gupta, 2000. "Productivity, technical and allocative efficiency and farm size in wheat farming in India: a DEA approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1-5.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Mickael Lothgren, 2000. "Specification and estimation of stochastic multiple-output production and technical inefficiency," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1533-1540.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Song, Malin & Peng, Jun & Wang, Jianlin & Zhao, Jiajia, 2018. "Environmental efficiency and economic growth of China: A Ray slack-based model analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 51-63.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Land Economics/Use; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aieabj:141968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aieaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.