Universities` Role in Knowledge-Based Economy and Society. Implications for Romanian Economics Higher Education
The main objective of the article is to analyse the extent to which Romanian universities and, particularly, those in economics higher education field can face the demands of knowledge-based economy and society. The specific objectives of the work mainly consisted of: (a) reviewing the literature outlining the theoretical, methodological and conceptual boundaries; (b) identifying methods for assessing universities’ intellectual capital and examples of good practice; and (c) presenting our research results. The research methodology was based on a structured questionnaire applied in the Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Faculty of Business Administration in foreign languages. Examples of good practice in European universities and international reports of prestigious international organizations were considered as well. The research highlighted the key role of universities as main investors in lifelong learning education, by including the opinions of the direct beneficiars-students, within the context of the Romanian society and knowledge-based economy.
Volume (Year): 13 (2011)
Issue (Month): 30 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://amfiteatrueconomic.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Higson, Chris, 2001. "Intangibles: Management, Measurement, and Reporting: by Baruch Lev, Washington, DC, Brookings Institution Press, 2001, pp. viii+216," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 501-503, 012.
- Constantin Bratianu & Bogdan Gabriel Nistoreanu, 2008. "Change And Ethics In The Higher Education," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 10(23), pages 235-239, February.
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003.
"Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy,"
70, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 562.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 576.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Karl-Heinz Leitner, 2004. "Intellectual capital reporting for universities: conceptual background and application for Austrian universities," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 129-140, August.
- Sveinbjörn Blöndal & Simon Field & Nathalie Girouard, 2003. "Investment in human capital through upper-secondary and tertiary education," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2002(1), pages 41-89. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aes:amfeco:v:13:y:2011:i:30:p:420-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.