The Political Economy of Debt Bondage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dam Kaniska & Perez-Castrillo David, 2006.
"The Principal-Agent Matching Market,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, August.
- Kaniska Dam & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2001. "The Principal-Agent Matching Market," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 503.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Kaniska Dam, 2003. "The Principal-Agent Matching Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 945, CESifo Group Munich.
- DAM, Kaniska & PEREZ-CASTRILLO, David, 2006. "The principal-agent matching market," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1903, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Kaushik Basu, 2003.
"The Economics and Law of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 141-157, Summer.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2003. "The Economics and Law of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace," Working Papers 03-07, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Genicot, Garance & Ray, Debraj, 2006. "Bargaining power and enforcement in credit markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 398-412, April.
- Genicot, Garance, 2002. "Bonded labor and serfdom: a paradox of voluntary choice," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 101-127, February.
- Lester, V. Markham, 1995. "Victorian Insolvency: Bankruptcy, Imprisonment for Debt, and Company Winding-up in Nineteenth-Century England," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198205180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suresh Naidu & Noam Yuchtman, 2011. "Coercive Contract Enforcement: Law and the Labor Market in 19th Century Industrial Britain," NBER Working Papers 17051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Suresh Naidu & Yaw Nyarko & Shing-Yi Wang, 2016. "Monopsony Power in Migrant Labor Markets: Evidence from the United Arab Emirates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(6), pages 1735-1792.
- Madhav S, Aney & Maitreesh Ghatak & Massimo Morelli, 2011.
"Can Market Failure Cause Political Failure?,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
029, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Aney, Madhav S & Morelli, Massimo, 2013. "Can Market Failure Cause Political Failure?," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 122, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Aney, Madhav & Ghatak, Maitreesh & Morelli, Massimo, 2011. "Can Market Failure Cause Political Failure," CEPR Discussion Papers 8533, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clemens, Michael A., 2017.
"Testing for Repugnance in Economic Transactions: Evidence from Guest Work in the Gulf,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11061, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Clemens, 2017. "Testing for Repugnance in Economic Transactions: Evidence from Guest Work in the Gulf," Working Papers 463, Center for Global Development.
- Athreya, Kartik & Sánchez, Juan M. & Tam, Xuan S. & Young, Eric R., 2012.
"Bankruptcy and delinquency in a model of unsecured debt,"
2012-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 22 Dec 2016.
- Athreya, Kartik B. & Sanchez, Juan M. & Tam, Xuan S. & Young, Eric R., 2016. "Bankruptcy and Delinquency in a Model of Unsecured Debt," Working Paper 16-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2009.
"The de Soto Effect,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7259, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2009. "The de Soto effect," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25429, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Maitreesh Ghatak, 2009. "The de Soto Effect," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 008, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bond, Philip & Newman, Andrew F., 2009.
"Prohibitions on punishments in private contracts,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 526-540, October.
- Andrew Newman & Philip Bond, 2004. "Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 143, Econometric Society.
- Philip Bond & Andrew F. Newman, 2006. "Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-060, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Suresh Naidu & Yaw Nyarko & Shing-Yi Wang, 2014. "Worker Mobility in a Global Labor Market: Evidence from the United Arab Emirates," NBER Working Papers 20388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kartik Athreya, 2012. "A Model of Credit Card Delinquency," 2012 Meeting Papers 981, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- J82 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Labor Force Composition
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejmic:v:2:y:2010:i:3:p:44-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.