Physician Agency and Adoption of Generic Pharmaceuticals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sara Ellison Fisher & Iain Cockburn & Zvi Griliches & Jerry Hausman, 1997.
"Characteristics of Demand for Pharmaceutical Products: An Examination of Four Cephalosporins,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(3), pages 426-446, Autumn.
- Ellison, S & Cockburn, I & Griliches, A & Hausman, J, 1996. "Characteristics of Demand for Pharmaceutical Products : an Examination of four Cephalosporins," Working papers 96-24, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Regan, Tracy L., 2008.
"Generic entry, price competition, and market segmentation in the prescription drug market,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 930-948, July.
- Tracy L. Regan, 2007. "Generic entry, price competition, and market segmentation in the prescription drug market," Working Papers 2010-7, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Gruber & Maria Owings, 1996.
"Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Section Delivery,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 99-123, Spring.
- Jonathan Gruber & Maria Owings, 1994. "Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Section Delivery," NBER Working Papers 4933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ching, Andrew T., 2010.
"Consumer learning and heterogeneity: Dynamics of demand for prescription drugs after patent expiration,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 619-638, November.
- Ching, Andrew, 2008. "Consumer Learning and Heterogeneity: Dynamics of Demand for Prescription Drugs after Patent Expiration," MPRA Paper 7265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coscelli, Andrea, 2000. "The Importance of Doctors' and Patients' Preferences in the Prescription Decision," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 349-369, September.
- Toshiaki Iizuka, 2009. "Generic Entry In A Regulated Pharmaceutical Market," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 63-81.
- Liu, Ya-Ming & Yang, Yea-Huei Kao & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey, 2009. "Financial incentives and physicians' prescription decisions on the choice between brand-name and generic drugs: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 341-349, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005.
"Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 39-54.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2002. "Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Toshiaki Iizuka, 2007. "Experts' agency problems: evidence from the prescription drug market in Japan," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 844-862, September.
- Judith K. Hellerstein, 1998. "The Importance of the Physician in the Generic Versus Trade-Name Prescription Decision," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 108-136, Spring.
- Lundin, Douglas, 2000. "Moral hazard in physician prescription behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 639-662, September.
- Keane, Michael P, 1997. "Modeling Heterogeneity and State Dependence in Consumer Choice Behavior," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 310-327, July.
- Christopher C. Afendulis & Daniel P. Kessler, 2007. "Tradeoffs from Integrating Diagnosis and Treatment in Markets for Health Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1013-1020, June.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Thomas N. Hubbard, 1998. "An Empirical Examination of Moral Hazard in the Vehicle Inspection Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 406-426, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MIYAGIWA, Kaz & WAN, Yunyun, 2015. "Pharmaceutical patents and generic entry competition: the role of marketing exclusivity," Discussion paper series 2015-05, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Conlin, Michael & Orsini, Joe & Tang, Meng-Chi, 2013. "The effect of an agent’s expertise on National Football League contract structure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 275-281.
- WAN, Jiangyun(Yunyun), 2016. "Reverse payments and generic entry competition," IIR Working Paper 16-09, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Skipper, Niels & Vejlin, Rune, 2015.
"Determinants of generic vs. brand drug choice: Evidence from population-wide Danish data,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 204-215.
- Niels Skipper & Rune Vejlin, 2013. "Determinants of Generic vs. Brand Drug Choice: Evidence from Population-wide Danish Data," Economics Working Papers 2013-05, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Lu, Fangwen, 2014. "Insurance coverage and agency problems in doctor prescriptions: Evidence from a field experiment in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 156-167.
- Gerald J. Pruckner & Thomas Schober, 2016. "Hospitals and the generic versus brand-name prescription decision in the outpatient sector," Economics working papers 2016-11, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Andrew J. Epstein & Jonathan D. Ketcham, 2014. "Information technology and agency in physicians' prescribing decisions," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(2), pages 422-448, June.
- repec:aea:aejpol:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:91-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariana Carrera & Dana Goldman & Geoffrey Joyce, 2013. "Heterogeneity in Cost-Sharing and Cost-Sensitivity, and the Role of the Prescribing Physician," NBER Working Papers 19186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihajlo B, Jakovljevic & Nakazono, S & Ogura, S, 2014. "Contemporary generic market in Japan – key conditions to successful evolution," CIS Discussion paper series 613, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- MIYAGIWA, Kaz & WAN, Jiangyun(Yunyun), 2016. "Pharmaceutical Patents and Generic Entry Competition: A New View on the Hatch-Waxman Act," IIR Working Paper 15-18, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Stefan Meyer, 2016. "Dispensing physicians, asymmetric information supplier-induced demand: evidence from the Swiss Health Survey," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 215-245, September.
- Fukushima, Kazuya & Mizuoka, Sou & Yamamoto, Shunsuke & Iizuka, Toshiaki, 2016. "Patient cost sharing and medical expenditures for the Elderly," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 115-130.
- Manolis Galenianos & Alessandro Gavazza, 2017. "A Structural Model of the Retail Market for Illicit Drugs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(3), pages 858-896, March.
- Baker, Laurence C. & Bundorf, M. Kate & Kessler, Daniel P., 2016. "The effect of hospital/physician integration on hospital choice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-8.
- Leemore Dafny & Christopher Ody & Matthew Schmitt, 2016. "When Discounts Raise Costs: The Effect of Copay Coupons on Generic Utilization," NBER Working Papers 22745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Lin, Wanchuan & Meng, Juanjuan, 2014. "Addressing antibiotic abuse in China: An experimental audit study," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 39-51.
More about this item
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Physician Agency and Adoption of Generic Pharmaceuticals (AER 2012) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:102:y:2012:i:6:p:2826-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.