The Limits of Transparency: Pitfalls and Potential of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daylian M. Cain & George Loewenstein & Don A. Moore, 2011. "When Sunlight Fails to Disinfect: Understanding the Perverse Effects of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(5), pages 836-857.
- Koch, Christopher & Schmidt, Carsten, 2006. "Disclosing Conflict of Interest - Does Experience and Reputation Matter?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 06-10, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pan, Xiaofei & Xiao, Erte, 2016. "It’s not just the thought that counts: An experimental study on the hidden cost of giving," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 22-31.
- Chen, D.L. & Levonyan, V. & Reinhart, S.E. & Taksler, G., 2014. "Do Payment Disclosure Laws Affect Industry-Physician Relationships?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:161:y:2019:i:c:p:323-342 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:161:y:2018:i:c:p:44-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bazerman, Max H. & Sezer, Ovul, 2016. "Bounded awareness: Implications for ethical decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 95-105.
- Kartal, Melis & Tremewan, James, 2018.
"An offer you can refuse: The effect of transparency with endogenous conflict of interest,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 44-55.
- Mariya Teteryatnikova & James Tremewan, 2016. "An offer you can refuse: the effects of transparency with endogenous conflict of interest," Vienna Economics Papers 1602, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Jeremy Burke & Angela A. Hung & Jack Clift & Steven Garber & Joanne K. Yoong, 2015. "Impacts of Conflicts of Interest in the Financial Services Industry," Working Papers WR-1076, RAND Corporation.
- Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E., 2016. "Mad and misleading: Incidental anger promotes deception," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 207-217.
- Houser, Daniel & Levy, David M. & Padgitt, Kail & Peart, Sandra J. & Xiao, Erte, 2014.
"Raising the price of talk: An experimental analysis of transparent leadership,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 208-218.
- Daniel Houser & David M. Levy & Kail Padgitt & Sandra J. Peart & Erte Xiao, 2014. "Raising the Price of Talk: An Experimental Analysis of Transparent Leadership," Working Papers 1048, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- repec:eee:jobhdp:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:76-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy B. Griffin, 2014. "The Effects of Uncertainty and Disclosure on Auditors' Fair Value Materiality Decisions," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(5), pages 1165-1193, December.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:468-481 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie S. Downs & Jessica Wisdom & George Loewenstein, 2015. "Helping Consumers Use Nutrition Information: Effects of Format and Presentation," American Journal of Health Economics, MIT Press, vol. 1(3), pages 326-344, Summer.
- Mario García Molina & Liliana Chicaíza Becerra, 2013. "Las decisiones de los economistas: Coase y los sesgos cognitivos en el trabajo teórico," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 15(29), pages 21-39, July-Dece.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:423-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.