The Dirt on Coming Clean: Perverse Effects of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Camerer, Colin F & Hogarth, Robin M, 1999.
"The Effects of Financial Incentives in Experiments: A Review and Capital-Labor-Production Framework,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 7-42, December.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Hogarth, Robin M., 1999. "The Effects of Financial Incentives in Experiments: A Review and Capital-Labor-Production Framework," Working Papers 1059, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dye, Ronald A., 2001. "An evaluation of "essays on disclosure" and the disclosure literature in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 181-235, December.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 2001. "Essays on disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 97-180, December.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Sobel, Joel, 1982. "Strategic Information Transmission," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1431-1451, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dobler, Michael, 2008. "Incentives for risk reporting -- A discretionary disclosure and cheap talk approach," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 184-206.
- Noam Shamir & Hyoduk Shin, 2016. "Public Forecast Information Sharing in a Market with Competing Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(10), pages 2994-3022, October.
- Nikolaev, V. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2005. "The endogeneity bias in the relation between cost-of-debt capital and corporate disclosure policy," Other publications TiSEM 04869b30-e8a9-4ecf-84ae-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jordi Caballé & Ariadna Dumitrescu, 2016. "Disclosure of Corporate Tax Reports, Tax Enforcement, and Insider Trading," Working Papers 911, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 2015. "Strategic information disclosure when there is fundamental disagreement," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 131-153.
- Eti Einhorn, 2005. "The Nature of the Interaction between Mandatory and Voluntary Disclosures," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 593-621, September.
- Johanna Hertel & John Smith, 2013.
"Not so cheap talk: costly and discrete communication,"
Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 75(2), pages 267-291, August.
- Hertel, Johanna & Smith, John, 2010. "Not so cheap talk: Costly and discrete communication," MPRA Paper 23560, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hertel, Johanna & Smith, John, 2011. "Not so cheap talk: Costly and discrete communication," MPRA Paper 29148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Aobdia, 2018. "Employee mobility, noncompete agreements, product-market competition, and company disclosure," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 296-346, March.
- Mark Bagnoli & Susan G. Watts, 2007. "Financial Reporting and Supplemental Voluntary Disclosures," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(5), pages 885-913, December.
- Luminita Enache & Khaled Hussainey, 2020. "The substitutive relation between voluntary disclosure and corporate governance in their effects on firm performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 413-445, February.
- Alain Schatt & Leonidas Doukakis & Corinne Bessieux-Ollier & Elisabeth Walliser, 2016.
"Do Goodwill Impairments by European Firms Provide Useful Information to Investors?,"
Accounting in Europe, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 307-327, September.
- Corinne Bessieux-Ollier & Leonidas Doukakis & Alain Schatt & Elisabeth Walliser, 2016. "Do Goodwill Impairments by European Firms Provide Useful Information to Investors?," Post-Print hal-02013746, HAL.
- Forges, Francoise & Koessler, Frederic, 2005.
"Communication equilibria with partially verifiable types,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 793-811, November.
- F. Forges & Frederic Koessler, 2003. "Communication Equilibria with Partially Verifiable Types," THEMA Working Papers 2003-10, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Ying Cao & Linda A. Myers & Albert Tsang & Yong George Yang, 2017. "Management forecasts and the cost of equity capital: international evidence," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 791-838, June.
- Elisabeth Dedman, 2004. ""Discussion of" Reactions of the London Stock Exchange to Company Trading Statement Announcements," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 37-47.
- Faidon Kalfaoglou & Alexandros Sarris, 2006. "Modeling the Components of Market Discipline," Working Papers 36, Bank of Greece.
- Richard Chung & Bryan Byung-Hee Lee & Woo-Jong Lee & Byungcherl Charlie Sohn, 2016. "Do Managers Withhold Good News from Labor Unions?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(1), pages 46-68, January.
- Flora Muiño & Marco Trombetta, 2009. "Does graph disclosure bias reduce the cost of equity capital?," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 83-102.
- Cristiana Cardi & Camilla Mazzoli & Sabrina Severini, 2018. "Friend or foe? The effect of corporate governance on intellectual capital disclosure in IPOs," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 15(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Nick Collett, 2004. "Reactions of the London Stock Exchange to Company Trading Statement Announcements," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1‐2), pages 3-35, January.
- Hoang, Daniel & Ruckes, Martin, 2017. "Corporate risk management, product market competition, and disclosure," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 107-121.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:v:34:y:2005:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.