When Sunlight Fails to Disinfect: Understanding the Perverse Effects of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Loewenstein & Daylian M. Cain & Sunita Sah, 2011. "The Limits of Transparency: Pitfalls and Potential of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 423-428, May.
- Roman M. Sheremeta, 2016.
"The pros and cons of workplace tournaments,"
IZA World of Labor,
Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 302-302, October.
- Sheremeta, Roman, 2016. "The Pros and Cons of Workplace Tournaments," MPRA Paper 74859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roman M. Sheremeta, 2016. "The Pros and Cons of Workplace Tournaments," Working Papers 16-27, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Roman M. Sheremeta & Timothy W. Shields, 2017. "The Pros and Cons of Workplace Tournaments," Working Papers 17-04, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Sheremeta, Roman M. & Shields, Timothy W., 2017.
"Deception and reception: The behavior of information providers and users,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 445-456.
- Sheremeta, Roman & Shields, Timothy, 2017. "Deception and Reception: The Behavior of Information Providers and Users," MPRA Paper 77733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bazerman, Max H. & Sezer, Ovul, 2016. "Bounded awareness: Implications for ethical decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 95-105.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:66:y:2018:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Gesche, 2016. "De-biasing strategic communication," ECON - Working Papers 216, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Jul 2017.
- Kartal, Melis & Tremewan, James, 2018.
"An offer you can refuse: The effect of transparency with endogenous conflict of interest,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 44-55.
- Mariya Teteryatnikova & James Tremewan, 2016. "An offer you can refuse: the effects of transparency with endogenous conflict of interest," Vienna Economics Papers 1602, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Christoph Buehren & Marco Plessner, 2014. "Rating Agencies: An Experimental Analysis of their Remuneration Model," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201454, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Sascha Behnk & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Aurora García-Gallego, 2017. "An experimental test of reporting systems for deception," Working Papers 2017/11, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Paul Chen & Martin Richardson, 2016. "Conflict of Interest, Disclosure, and Vertical Relationships: An Experimental Analysis," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2016-647, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Teck-Hua Ho & Catherine Yeung, 2014. "Giving Feedback to Clients," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(8), pages 1926-1944, August.
- Barasch, Alixandra & Levine, Emma E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E., 2016. "Bliss is ignorance: How the magnitude of expressed happiness influences perceived naiveté and interpersonal exploitation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 184-206.
- repec:spr:manrev:v:67:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11301-017-0128-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jobhdp:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:127-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eyal Carmel & Dana Carmel & David Leiser & Avia Spivak, 2015. "Facing a Biased Adviser While Choosing a Retirement Plan: The Impact of Financial Literacy and Fair Disclosure," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 576-595, November.
- Beyer, Max & de Meza, David & Reyniers, Diane, 2013. "Do financial advisor commissions distort client choice?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 117-119.
- Sah, Sunita & Loewenstein, George, 2015. "Conflicted advice and second opinions: Benefits, but unintended consequences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 89-107.
- Jeremy B. Griffin, 2014. "The Effects of Uncertainty and Disclosure on Auditors' Fair Value Materiality Decisions," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(5), pages 1165-1193, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jconrs:doi:10.1086/656252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.