The role of inventories in the business cycle
AbstractChanges in the stock of firms' inventories are an important component of the business cycle. In fact, discussion about the timing of a recovery following a recession often focuses on inventories. In "The Role of Inventories in the Business Cycle," Aubhik Khan surveys the facts about inventory investment over the business cycle, then discusses two leading theories that may explain these observations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in its journal Business Review.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): Q3 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichenbaum, Martin S., 1984. "Rational expectations and the smoothing properties of inventories of finished goods," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-96, July.
- Caplin, Andrew S, 1985. "The Variability of Aggregate Demand with (S, s) Inventory Policies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1395-1409, November.
- Alan S. Blinder & Louis J. Maccini, 1991. "Taking Stock: A Critical Assessment of Recent Research on Inventories," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 73-96, Winter.
- Thomas A. Lubik & Wing Leong Teo, 2009.
"Inventories and optimal monetary policy,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 357-382.
- Thomas A. Lubik & Wing Leong Teo, 2009. "Inventories and Optimal Monetary Policy," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-33, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Thomas A. Lubik & Wing Leong Teo, 2010. "Inventories and Optimal Monetary Policy," CAMA Working Papers 2010-07, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Thomas A. Lubik & Wing Leong Teo, . "Inventories and Optimal Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers 09/06, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Teo, Wing Leong, 2011. "Inventories and optimal monetary policy in a small open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1719-1748.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.