Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
January 1986, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 303-308 Organizational growth, survival and death in the U.S. hospital industry: A population ecology perspective
by Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Kaluzny, Arnold D. & Middleton, Suann C.
- 309-312 Agreement among judges on the severity of different morbidity states
by Janssens, Gerrit K.
- 313-314 Financing health services in developing countries
by Donaldson, Dayl S. & Dunlop, David W.
- 315-319 Health care decisions at the household level: Results of a rural health survey in Kenya
by Mwabu, Germano M.
- 321-328 The demand for adult outpatient services in the Bicol region of the Philippines
by Akin, John S. & Griffin, Charles C. & Guilkey, David K. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 329-333 What should consumers in poor countries pay for publicly-provided health services?
by Musgrove, Philip
- 335-343 Revolving drug funds: Conducting business in the public sector
by Cross, Peter N. & Huff, Maggie A. & Quick, Jonathan D. & Bates, James A.
- 345-349 Financing health development projects: Some macro-economic considerations
by Sorkin, Alan L.
- 351-360 The effect of scale on cost projections for a primary health care program in a developing country
by Over, Mead
- 361-368 State-sponsored primary health care in Africa: The recurrent cost of performing miracles
by Gray, Clive S.
- 369-377 Cost-effectiveness of the expanded programme of immunization in the Ivory Coast: A preliminary assessment
by Shepard, Donald S. & Sanoh, Layes & Coffi, Emmou
- 379-385 Changes in health financing: The Chilean experience
by Viveros-Long, Anamaria
January 1986, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 113-113 Foreword
by Asvali, Jo E.
- 115-116 Introduction
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 117-124 Life-styles and health
by Health Education Unit
- 125-133 Qui veut, en France, d'un mode de vie plus sain?
by Letourmy, Alain
- 135-140 Inequalities in access to health care in Hungary
by Szalai, Julia
- 141-149 Inequalities in health and gender
by Haavio-Mannila, Elina
- 151-160 Inequalities in health: Strategies
by Hexel, Peter C. & Wintersberger, Helmut
- 161-171 Nouveaux concepts en sante mentale
by Castel, Robert
- 173-183 Psychiatric cases in community studies: How important an issue?
by Brown, George W. & Craig, T. K. J.
- 185-192 Mental health care and the opposition movement in the Netherlands
by Haafkens, J. & Nijhof, G. & Van der Poel, E.
- 193-199 A new-modelled medicine? Comments on the WHO's regional strategy for Europe
by Strong, P. M.
- 201-209 Health professions: The origin of species
by Hofoss, Dag
- 211-221 The state and health in France
by Steudler, François
- 223-232 Health sector structures: The case of Belgium
by Nuyens, Yvo
- 233-246 Health sector structures: The case of Spain
by de Miguel, Jesús M.
- 247-253 Sociological concepts in the etiology of chronic disease: The case of ischemic heart disease
by Siegrist, Johannes & Siegrist, Karin & Weber, Ingbert
- 255-263 Health indicators
by Mootz, Marijke
- 265-273 Concepts in alternative medicine
by Aakster, C. W.
- 275-284 Lay care in illness
by Dean, Kathryn
January 1986, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-8 Detecting and preventing adverse drug interactions: The potential contribution of computers in pharmacies
by Kirking, Duane M. & William Thomas, J. & Ascione, Frank J. & Boyd, Eddie L.
- 9-14 Managing medical supply logistics among health workers in Ecuador
by Reid, Richard A. & Ruffing, Karen L. & Smith, Howard L.
- 15-22 Sex differences in childhood mortality in rural Bangladesh
by Koenig, Michael A. & D'Souza, Stan
- 23-27 Health care expenditures in a rural Indian community
by Parker, Robert L.
- 29-33 Informed consent to elective surgery: The 'therapeutic' value?
by Wallace, Louise M.
- 35-40 Pathways to patienthood: Sick role and labeling perspectives
by Meile, Richard L.
- 41-51 Correlates of mothers' use of medications for their children
by Maiman, Lois A. & Becker, Marshall H. & Katlic, Anne W.
- 53-62 First diagnosis of severe mental handicap: Characteristics of unsatisfactory encounters between doctors and parents
by Quine, Lyn & Pahl, Jan
- 63-73 Why has hospital length of stay declined? An evaluation of alternative theories
by Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph
- 75-80 Biomedical resistance to ethnomedicine in Botswana
by Barbee, Evelyn L.
- 81-90 Roles, careers and femininity in biomedicine: Women physicians and nurses in Japan
by Long, Susan Orpett
- 91-98 Agreement between laboratory tests and self-reports of alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, marijuana and other drug use in post-partum women
by Little, Ruth E. & Uhl, Charles N. & Labbe, Robert F. & Abkowitz, Janis L. & Phillips, Louise R.
- 99-105 The inter-relationship of folk, traditional and western medicine within an Asian community in Britain
by Singh Bhopal, Rajinder
- 107-109 Alcohol consumption among laid-off workers before and after closure of a Danish ship-yard: A 2-year follow-up study
by Iversen, Lars & Klausen, Hans
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 12
- 1297-1307 Historical perspectives on the development of health systems modeling in medical anthropology
by Hunter, Susan S.
- 1309-1314 A longitudinal study of work loss related to dental diseases
by Reisine, Susan & Miller, Julia
- 1315-1318 Residents' functioning and staff perceptions of 'ease of management' in two types of old peoples' homes
by Proctor, Linda Powell & Brook, Peter & Blandford, Nicola & Billington, Brian
- 1319-1328 A rehabilitation of health outcome in quality assessment
by Doessel, D. P. & Marshall, J. V.
- 1329-1334 The production and effects of uncertainty with special reference to diabetes mellitus
by Mason, Christine
- 1335-1335 The advance to biopsychosocial medicine
by Day, Stacey B.
- 1337-1337 The emergence of the biopsychosocial approach. A model for third world health care systems
by Lolas, Fernando
- 1339-1339 Essential teaching philosophy should be that of the biopsychosocial method
by Neghme, Amador R.
- 1341-1344 Health as situational adaption: A social psychological perspective
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1345-1347 Traditional medicine and biopsychosocial fulfilment in African health
by Ataudo, E. S.
- 1349-1353 Teaming up for better health
by Aminu, Jibril
- 1355-1361 The psychosomatic approach and the problem of diagnosis
by Lolas, Fernando
- 1363-1365 The stress concept as a problem for a 'theoretical pathology'
by Christian, Paul & Lolas, Fernando
- 1367-1371 State of health and stress factors in occupation: The mass media profession
by Fischer, Heinz-Dietrich
- 1373-1379 Biopsychosocial imperatives from the rural perspective
by Cordes, Sam M.
- 1381-1382 The Czechoslovak approach to biopsychosocial health
by Votava, Zdenek
- 1383-1389 Clinical biopsychosocial practice and primary health care in Eastern Nigeria
by Day, Stacey B.
- 1391-1404 The Hannover consultation liaison model: Some empirical findings
by Freyberger, Hellmuth & Künsebeck, Hans-Werner & Lempa, Wolfgang & Avenarius, Hans-Jurgen & Liedtke, Reinhard & Plassman, Reinhard & Nordmeyer, Jutta
- 1405-1409 Holistic medicine and technology: A modern dialectic
by Rosch, Paul J. & Kearney, Helen M.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 11
- 1203-1216 Social networks and the spread of infectious diseases: The AIDS example
by Klovdahl, Alden S.
- 1217-1228 Research issues in child abuse
by Graham, Philip & Dingwall, Robert & Wolkind, Stephen
- 1229-1233 Mental health professionals' knowledge in the field of caring for chronic mental disorders
by Barnes, Gordon E. & Toews, John
- 1235-1241 Medecins generalistes et troubles mentaux
by Aiach, Pierre & Cebe, Dominique
- 1243-1249 Satisfaction with hospitalization: A comparative analysis of three types of services
by Carmel, Sara
- 1251-1257 Depressive symptomatology among Namibian adolescent refugees
by Shisana, Olive & Celentano, David D.
- 1259-1268 Social support in pregnancy: The 'soft' way to increase birthweight?
by Oakley, Ann
- 1269-1272 Landholding, wealth and risk of blinding malnutrition in rural Bangladeshi households
by Cohen, N. & Jalil, M. A. & Rahman, H. & Matin, M. A. & Sprague, J. & Islam, J. & Davison, J. & Leemhuis de Regt, E. & Mitra, M.
- 1273-1277 Food safety and the behavioural sciences
by Foster, George M. & Käferstein, F. K.
- 1279-1287 Permanence and change: Psychosocial factors in the outcome of adolescent pregnancy
by Thomas Boyce, W. & Schaefer, Catherine & Uitti, Chris
- 1289-1296 Alternative systems in Malaysian drug rehabilitation: Organization and control in comparative perspective
by Lee, Raymond L. M.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 10
- 1061-1062 Introduction
by Sailly, J. C.
- 1063-1069 The demand for prescription drugs as a function of cost-sharing
by Leibowitz, Arleen & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P.
- 1071-1075 The effects of patient characteristics on ambulatory test ordering
by Epstein, Arnold M. & McNeil, Barbara J.
- 1077-1082 The social drug lag: An examination of pharmaceutical approval delays in medicaid formularies
by Schweitzer, Stuart O. & Salehi, Hossein & Boling, Nancy
- 1083-1087 The determinants of biological prescription in French hospitals
by Lebrun, Th. & Sailly, J. C. & Eeckhoudt, L. & Samaille, J.
- 1089-1096 Subsidizing pharmaceutical prescriptions: The experience of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden
by Lindgren, Björn & Silverberg, Raymunda
- 1097-1105 The cost of prescribing in general practice
by Fitton, Freda & Temple, Bogusia & Acheson, H. W. K.
- 1107-1112 The problems raised by the use of cost as an efficiency indicator in a biochemical laboratory
by Mevellec, Pierre
- 1113-1118 On the choice of an organization for a pathology laboratory
by Auray, J. P. & Collombel, C. & Duru, G. & Richard-Couturier, L.
- 1119-1124 The diffusion of a vanguard technique: The case of nuclear medicine in Belgium
by Bouckaert, A. & Leroy, X.
- 1125-1129 The impact of the laboratory's multiparametric analyzer on the medical technology and health expenditure in Japan
by Kambayashi, Shigenobu
- 1131-1137 The wide distribution of CT scanners in Japan
by Niki, Ryu
- 1139-1151 Technology in ambulatory medical care: Cost increasing or cost saving?
by Zweifel, Peter
- 1153-1161 Economic evaluation of new drug therapies in terms of improved life quality
by Leu, Robert E.
- 1163-1166 The medical and economic consequences of automation in bacteriology: A case study in a French University Hospital
by Sailly, J. C. & Lebrun, Th. & Vincent, P. & Eeckhoudt, L. & Izard, D. & Leclerc, H. & Arbon, G. & Hassoun, A.
- 1167-1176 Toward a global approach of biochemistry in hospitals
by Boigne, J. M. & Moisdon, J. C. & Tonneau, D.
- 1177-1179 Evaluation of the interest in ordering the leucocyte differential count
by Chantereau, S. & Sultan, C.
- 1181-1185 The informative content of radiography and scintigraphy in the diagnosis of bone metastases after breast cancer
by Sulman, C. & Sailly, J. C. & Demaille, M. C. & Eeckhoudt, L. & Carpentier, P. & Vennin, P. & Lebrun, Th.
- 1187-1192 Limited information, medical entitlements and distributive justice
by Semkow, Brian W.
- 1193-1198 Physicians and medical innovation
by Frost, C. E. B.
- 1199-1202 Ethics and economic appraisals in health care
by Sabatini, Jean
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 9
- 957-963 Global perspective on health service financing
by Abel-Smith, Brian
- 965-973 Use of information resources by health professionals: A review of the literature
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 975-983 Preventive procedures and practices among working class women: New data and fresh insights
by Pill, Roisin & Stott, Nigel C.H.
- 985-996 Time series analysis of the relationship between unemployment and mortality: A survey of econometric critiques and replications of Brenner's studies
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 997-1006 Stamina in later life
by Colerick, Elizabeth J.
- 1007-1021 Healing and morality: A Javanese example
by Woodward, Mark R.
- 1023-1042 Field testing along a disease gradient: Some geographical dimensions of tuberculosis in Puerto Rico
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia
- 1043-1047 Teaching medical students the effects of values and stereotyping on the doctor/patient relationship
by Kurtz, Margot E. & Johnson, Shirley M. & Tomlinson, Thomas & Fiel, Nicholas J.
- 1049-1050 Standing tall against Nicaragua
by Gellhorn, Alfred
- 1051-1051 Letter to the editor
by Light, Donald W.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 8
- 835-848 A sociological conceptualization of trauma
by Mestrovic, Stjepan G.
- 849-855 Reforming health care in Hungary
by Császi, Lajos & Kullberg, Patricia
- 857-863 Coping with a handicapped child: Differences between mothers and fathers
by Schilling, Robert F. & Schinke, Steven Paul & Kirkham, Maura A.
- 865-872 Time budget analysis as a tool for PHC planning (with examples from Ethiopia)
by Ayalew, Solomon
- 873-878 The health of clients referred to social workers in an intake team
by Corney, Roslyn H.
- 879-886 Studies on the traditional herbal anthelmintic chenopodium ambrosioides L.: Ethnopharmacological evaluation and clinical field trials
by Kliks, Michael M.
- 887-898 Social effects of diazepam use: A longitudinal field study
by Caplan, Robert D. & Andrews, Frank M. & Conway, Terry L. & Abbey, Antonia & Abramis, David J. & French, John R. P.
- 899-907 Predictors of dentists' level of knowledge regarding the recommended prophylactic regimen for patients with rheumatic heart disease
by Sadowsky, Donald & Kunzel, Carol & Frankel, Martin
- 909-914 The impact of reading on physicians' nonadherence to recommended standards of medical care
by Cohen, Stuart J. & Weinberger, Morris & Hui, Siu L. & Tierney, William M. & McDonald, Clement J.
- 915-919 Improving the efficiency of patients' comprehension monitoring: A way of increasing patients' participation in general practice consultations
by Robinson, E. J. & Whitfield, M. J.
- 921-921 Introduction
by Leslie, Charles
- 923-930 What caused India's massive community health workers scheme: A sociology of knowledge
by Leslie, Charles
- 931-936 China's impact on American medicine in the seventies: A limited and preliminary inquiry
by McQueen, David V.
- 937-943 From China to Africa: The same impossible synthesis between traditional and Western medicines
by Bibeau, Gilles
- 945-950 The impact of the Chinese medical model on Japan or, how the younger brother comes of age
by Lock, Margaret
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 7
- 719-728 Whither the state in Yugoslav health care?
by Parmelee, Donna E.
- 728-730 Whither or wither the state in Yugoslav health care?: Some comparative reflections
by Field, Mark G.
- 730-732 The prescription for Yugoslav medicine
by Milanovic, Vladimir & Stambolovic, Vuk
- 733-740 Time trends and key factors in the choice of one-step or two-step biopsy and surgery for breast cancer
by Polissar, Lincoln & Finley, Mary Lou
- 741-746 The paperless medical record
by Shea, Steven & Margulies, David
- 747-751 Mental health and satisfaction among tax officers
by Cooper, Cary L. & Roden, Jim
- 753-760 The demand for dental care: An assessment
by Yule, Brian & Parkin, David
- 761-770 Heavy users of an emergency department: Psycho-social and medical characteristics, other health care contacts and the effect of a hospital social worker intervention
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 771-773 Reasons for the disagreements on the impact of smoking on medical care expenditures: A proposal for a uniform approach
by Thompson, M. E. & Forbes, W. F.
- 775-783 Maternal sociomedical characteristics and birth weights of firstborns
by Hoff, Charles & Wertelecki, Wladimir & Reyes, Elena & Zansky, Shelley & Dutt, James & Stumpe, Alfred & Till, Derel & Butler, Rose Mary
- 785-797 Children's perceptions of advertisements for cigarettes
by Aitken, P. P. & Leathar, D. S. & O'Hagan, F. J.
- 799-805 Changes in mortality among the elderly Finnish population 1951-1979
by Kivelä, Sirkka-Liisa
- 807-818 How to get well in tzintzuntzan
by Foster, George M.
- 819-823 Smoking among urban Malaysian school children
by Thambypillai, Vimala
- 825-827 More on the impact of smoking on medical care expenditures
by Leu, Robert E. & Schaub, Thomas
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 603-613 Health policy and the emerging tobacco reality
by Milio, Nancy
- 615-622 Patient rating of doctors using computers
by Cruickshank, P. J.
- 623-630 Some problems with pro-competition reforms
by Agich, George J. & Begley, Charles E.
- 631-640 A longitudinal study of the reporting of emotional and somatic symptoms during and after pregnancy
by Lips, Hilary M.
- 641-649 Low country fevers: Cultural adaptations to malaria in antebellum South Carolina
by Dubisch, Jill
- 651-653 Preference of hospital employees for work-related outcomes
by Nnadozie, Jonathan & Eldar, Reuben
- 655-665 Female labor force participation and female mortality in Wisconsin 1974-1978
by Passannante, Marian R. & Nathanson, Constance A.
- 667-669 Drink boiled water: A cultural analysis of a health education message
by Nichter, Mark
- 671-683 Menstruation as medicine
by Knight, Chris
- 685-692 Women heal women: Spirit possession and sexual segregation in a Muslim society
by Constantinides, Pamela
- 693-700 Polluting and healing among the Northern Yaka of Zaire
by Devisch, Renaat
- 701-711 The power to pollute and the power to preserve: Perceptions of female power in a Hindu village
by Thompson, Catherine
- 713-714 Vicarious menstruation
by Skultans, Videa S.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 483-483 Urbanization and health in the developing world
by Verhasselt, Yola
- 485-498 Primary medical care and coping with stress and disease: The inclination of primary care practitioners to demonstrate affective behavior
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 499-506 The social and cultural context of coping: Action, gender and symptoms in a southern black community
by Dressler, William W.
- 507-515 The treatment strategies of arthritis sufferers
by Gray, Dennis
- 517-523 Socio-economic conditions in childhood and mortality and morbidity caused by coronary heart disease in adulthood in rural Finland
by Notkola, V. & Punsar, S. & Karvonen, M. J. & Haapakoski, J.
- 525-531 The relation of social support and working environment to medical variables associated with elevated blood pressure in young males: A structural model
by Knox, Sarah S. & Theorell, Töres & Svensson, Jan Ch. & Waller, Dick
- 533-539 Sociocultural correlates of childhood sporting activities: Their implications for heart health
by Gottlieb, Nell H. & Chen, Meei-Shia
- 541-544 The influence of the family on control of diabetes
by Edelstein, Jacqueline & Linn, Margarette W.
- 545-551 Gender differences in life expectancy among Kibbutz members
by Leviatan, Uri & Cohen, Jiska
- 553-558 Using social epidemiology to understand who stays blind and who gets operated for cataract in a rural setting
by Brilliant, Girija E. & Brilliant, Lawrence B.
- 559-570 La deficience visuelle congenitale: Chances et difficultes d'amenagement
by Harrison-Covello, A. & Lairy, G. C.
- 571-580 Pandemic and epidemic influenza, 1830-1848
by David Patterson, K.
- 581-588 Circumcision: Its nature and practice among some ethnic groups in Southern Nigeria
by Myers, Robert A. & Omorodion, Francisca I. & Isenalumhe, Anthony E. & Akenzua, Gregory I.
- 589-593 Content analysis of speech of schizophrenic and control adoptees and their relatives: preliminary results
by Kinney, Dennis K. & Jacobsen, Bjorn & Bechgaard, Birgitte & Jansson, Lennart & Faber, Britta & Kasell, Eva & Uliana, Regina L.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 367-375 The evaluation of health care
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 377-381 Mental health in health planning agencies
by Kornblatt, Elayne S.
- 383-390 Chiropractic and the clinical art
by Coulehan, John L.
- 391-396 The social and psychological consequences of secrecy in artificial insemination by donor (AID) programmes
by Rowland, Robyn
- 397-406 Potency: A stress-buffering link in the coping-stress-disease relationship
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 407-414 The evaluations of drug information programs
by Lilja, John
- 415-431 Restructuring health care financing in Chile
by Scarpaci, Joseph L.
- 433-441 The monthly and weekly distribution of suicide
by Massing, Walter & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
- 443-450 Anthropology and the study of chronic disease: Adolescent blood pressure in corpus Christi, Texas
by Ready, Timothy
- 451-461 Health services utilization and cost in Ismailia, Egypt
by Abu-Zeid, Hassan A. H. & Dann, William M.
- 463-468 Curing and sociocultural separatism in south Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 469-481 Concepts of illness and the utilization of health-care services in a rural Malian village
by Hielscher, Sibylle & Sommerfeld, Johannes
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 235-242 The proprietary hospital industry: A financial analysis 1972-1982
by Michel, Allen & Shaked, Israel & Daley, John
- 243-249 Unsung questions of medical ethics
by Barnard, David
- 251-262 Health services and the political culture of Saudi Arabia
by Gallagher, Eugene B. & Maureen Searle, C.
- 263-273 Patient compliance behavior: The effects of time on patients' values of treatment regimens
by Christensen-Szalanski, Jay J.J. & Northcraft, Gregory B.
- 275-282 The reinterpretation of Western pharmaceuticals among the Mende of Sierra Leone
by Bledsoe, Caroline H. & Goubaud, Monica F.
- 283-286 Traditional infant feeding practices: Right or wrong?
by Kusin, Jane A. & Kardjati, Sri & van Steenbergen, Wil
- 287-290 Prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease amongst Mormons in Britain and Ireland
by Penny, W.J. & Penny, E. & Mayberry, J.F. & Rhodes, J.
- 291-298 Decision to adopt new medical technology: A case study of thrombolytic therapy
by Becker, Daniel M. & Sarel, Dan & Gardner, Laurence B.
- 299-305 Preventive care attitudes of medical students
by Scott, Craig S. & Neighbor, William E.
- 307-308 The relevance of the social sciences to health care delivery
by Anderson, Joan M.
- 309-317 Missionary doctors vs Chinese patients: Credibility of missionary health care in early twentieth century China
by Cheung, Yuet-Wah & New, Peter Kong-Ming
- 319-325 Trust, talk and touch in Balkan folk healing
by Kerewsky-Halpern, Barbara
- 327-333 Support networks developed by immigrant women
by Lynam, M.Judith
- 335-339 Social support and learning in preventive health care
by Maida, Carl A.
- 341-350 Influences on the antenatal clinic attendance of central province women in Port Moresby, PNG
by Marshall, Leslie B.
- 351-363 The health belief model and preventive health behaviour in Singapore
by Quah, Stella R.
January 1985, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 103-113 Les disparites sociales de consommation medicale
by Serange-Fonterme, Renée
- 115-120 Building an effective doctor-patient relationship: From patient satisfaction to patient participation
by Speedling, Edward J. & Rose, David N.
- 121-127 Social and environmental factors associated with diarrhoea and growth in young children: Child health in urban Africa
by Pickering, Helen
- 129-137 Maladie subie, maladie dominee, industrialisation et technologie medicale: Le cas de la tuberculose
by Thebaud, Annie & Lert, France
- 139-143 Mortality rates for farmers and fishermen in Japan compared with England and Wales
by Naruse, Yuchi & Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Watanabe, Masao & Minowa, Masumi & Iibuchi, Yasuo
- 145-151 Social epidemiology of the experience of threat of war among finnish youth
by Solantaus, Tytti & Rimpelä, Matti & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 153-162 An analytic typology of disclaimers, excuses and justifications surrounding illness: A situational approach to health and illness
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 165-171 Culture-bound syndromes unbound
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 173-185 Pibloktoq (hysteria) and inuit nutrition: Possible implication of hypervitaminosis A
by Landy, David